Chinese Carbon MTB > Metal Frames

Another Seaboard GR02

<< < (2/6) > >>

jonathanf2:
Nice build! Have you weighed it yet? I'm surprised these Seaboard builds aren't more popular amongst the AliEx crowd.

TidyDinosaur:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on February 16, 2023, 11:13:59 AM ---Nice build! Have you weighed it yet? I'm surprised these Seaboard builds aren't more popular amongst the AliEx crowd.

--- End quote ---

Maybe because for a little more you have a carbon frame? I went to their website and it would be about 525 eur for the frameset.

svanimpe:
Yeah same here. I'd like to try one, but because of EU import taxes for goods over €150, the price is a mystery (I've seen anything from zero to over 35%) and could go as high as €500. In that case, I'd rather pay a bit more for a carbon frame (for which I can get prepaid tax shipping, so no surprises).

00Garza:
Nice Build!! I almost pulled the trigger on this frameset, but wanted a little more tire clearance. I was also looking at those ryet wheels. What are the hubs like? Are they their own design or just rebadged chinese hubs?

jonathanf2:

--- Quote from: TidyDinosaur on February 16, 2023, 12:36:13 PM ---Maybe because for a little more you have a carbon frame? I went to their website and it would be about 525 eur for the frameset.

--- End quote ---

True! Though they do sell Advanced Mountain AM framesets both in alloy and steel on AliEx. Geometry-wise they look almost exact to the Tsunami/Seaboard frames, but they sell for much cheaper. In the US there's a company called Poseidon Bikes that periodically sells their alloy gravel framesets for $299 USD and they include a lifetime warranty for the original owner as long as it's not crash damaged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version