Author Topic: Road Frame SP-053V - Rim brake  (Read 799 times)

MtbNewbie

Road Frame SP-053V - Rim brake
« on: February 27, 2023, 10:59:20 AM »
Hello All, Need opinions on this frame for 90/10 Road/ Gravel riding. 28c on Road and 32c on gravel.

I have a rim brake carbon road wheelset to utilize that takes 28c and will use a gravel specific tire when needed.

Planning to run as 1x Sensah( again lying in the bin) on Size Medium (175cm)

Questions:
1. is this frame too aggressive? I am not planning to race
2. Any others that can clear 32c with rim brakes?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK5yTsA

Thanks

MtbNewbie

Re: Road Frame SP-053V - Rim brake
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 06:18:41 PM »
No comments on rim frame  :(
The world has moved on disc?

jefflinde

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 09:19:15 PM »
I would say for me it is a hard stop since it is an all internal cable routing frame.  I personally hate dealing with it.  But that may be your jam so do want you want with that opinion.   

As for the geometry, it is on the racier side.  For me a 56cm top tube frame should be at minimum 580 stack and this one is under 570.  Also I prefer a reach around the 385-390 and this one is almost 400. 

Again if you want a racier fit then go with it.  If you more endurance fit then this is probably not the frame for you.   

Love the rim brake build though.  Once everyone has bought a disc brake bike, the industry will need to switch back and sell everyone on rim brakes.   

MtbNewbie

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 09:50:16 PM »
I would say for me it is a hard stop since it is an all internal cable routing frame.  I personally hate dealing with it.  But that may be your jam so do want you want with that opinion.   

As for the geometry, it is on the racier side.  For me a 56cm top tube frame should be at minimum 580 stack and this one is under 570.  Also I prefer a reach around the 385-390 and this one is almost 400. 

Again if you want a racier fit then go with it.  If you more endurance fit then this is probably not the frame for you.   

Love the rim brake build though.  Once everyone has bought a disc brake bike, the industry will need to switch back and sell everyone on rim brakes.

Thanks much for your feedback. I kind of know that this is NOT endurance, just deceiving myself from selling current brand new rim wheelset and go to the TA disc standard.
Is there a way to make it less aggressive?

jefflinde

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 10:08:58 PM »
If you buy lots of spacers you may get it 10-20mm tall on the front.  Also if you use regular bar and stem you could go with a really short stem.  Though the short stem can make the bike ride funny.   If you want rim brake and endurance, I actually just build a velobuild 066 rim brake bike that is a copy of the canyon endurance frame.   The same 56cm top tube has a reach of 380 and a stack of about 600.  I have a build thread on here.   

MtbNewbie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 08:26:13 AM »
Thanks, I asked about clearance of 28mm wheels on the 066. I'd definitely get that frame if it clears those wheels.