Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Shipping times, Post Covid.

(1/4) > >>

Tijoe:
I placed several orders via Aliexpress, Some on Feb. 27th then some more items on March 7th.   This time, instead of only bike parts, I ordered some cycling clothing some electrical items, and an electric gas generator carburetor.   Guess what! All of the non-bicycle items I ordered on March 7th, are already being delivered to me. (8-9 day delivery.)
Out of the 4 bike parts I ordered, on Feb 27th, only one has been delivered.  As far as I can tell, several of the bike parts may have not even been shipped yet. (I've written the sellers/stores and asked if they have delivered the item and they claim they have shipped. (All the parts are smaller items except for a carbon dropper handlebar.)

When I look at all my orders of bike parts over the past 3 months, about 60% of bike parts are delivers between 3 weeks and a month.   All the other items have been arriving between 7 and 11 days.

What are your delivery times these days for bike parts?

coffeebreak:
All over the place for me. I ordered an entire groupset (M5100) plus few accessories just before Chinese new year closure of business and the order took a painful 1 month 3 weeks to get to Seattle. Out of that, frustrating 3-4 weeks were taken by A C I logistics/USPS mess in CA. Later a few small parts, all bike related, were ordered last week of February and got to me in 12 days just as promised. Those parts were Ali-ex's "Choice" deal or something and everything was super fast.

Some Ass-Saver type plastic fenders took 2 months to arrive. I had forgotten I even ordered them. Just out of curiosity I checked the from address and they were shipped from Azerbaijan! Just wrapped in a thin plastic sheet with label haphazardly stuck on it, its a wonder the thing even got delivered.

Then there is the Zniino gravel bar, an anomaly really. Ordered along with above groupset, it traveled during holidays and reached Seattle in about 10 days flat. It wasn't bundled with anything else. I think that when Ali-ex bundles different orders together it takes long to very long time to get delivered.

jonathanf2:
Maybe because I'm located in California and live next to a major customs hub, most things ship within 1-2 weeks besides large items like bike frames and wheelsets. On a side note, I always check item pricing on the mobile app and on the desktop. Strangely, pricing can sometimes be cheaper depending on which device you use. I use several coupon web browser extensions on my desktop that occasionally applies additional discounts. Also today I ordered replacement hoods and it was actually cheaper using the mobile app. You can also collect coins on both the mobile/desktop AliEx website which are completely separate on each format. Those coins come in handy because they help on big purchases and can be stacked using coupons to get additional savings.

00Garza:
Bundles do indeed seem to take longer. I have a top cap and a cassette spacer that got bundled and they are still not here yet. Cassette, ltwoo groupset, etc all arrived here a week ago. Ordered on same day, "shipped" on same day.

Also...its hard to call China "post" covid. They seem to have flare ups and new waves every now and then that disrupt shipping...and life in general.

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: jonathanf2 on March 15, 2023, 12:19:42 PM ---Maybe because I'm located in California and live next to a major customs hub, most things ship within 1-2 weeks...

--- End quote ---

We have the same luck in Belgium, a hub and same kind of shipping times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version