Author Topic: 3D Printed Saddles  (Read 10612 times)

sbellote

Re: 3D Printed Saddles
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2024, 02:52:00 PM »
hmm
I have two Ryet 3D saddles, an Aircode (pro stealth) with 11mo and >6.000km on my road bike
and the same model you linked, on my mtb with ~30hrs on it

I've not experienced this kind of wear on the bib fabric, even riding long hours and moving/changing position when riding, especially on the mtb
so I'd suggest to look at stuff other than the saddle itself
maybe bikefit adjustment? too much movement on the saddle is usually some positioning adjustment, for example you start sliding down and have to constantly move your butt back
or the bib is a bit older and the fabric is not that much resistant anymore

Greenred

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2024, 02:18:39 PM »
I think it’s more about Q factor and how your leg movement is spaced. When my legs go straight down, they ever so slightly touch the saddle nose where the bib wear appears. The riyet 3d saddles are wider than many non 3d saddles at the nose, that’s a fact. Whether it’s an issue or not could depend on your frame essentially and Q factor I guess

Unsworn5836

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2024, 02:36:19 PM »
Its the first time happening to me.
The bib is quite expensive, as its a 7mesh. They are aware of the problem and suggest a short on top. Luckily they replace it, at least once.

Tomorrow I go for another spin and try some different position on the bike.

Stoemper

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2024, 05:28:20 PM »
I noticed the front being slightly more wide, this seams to be the case with most short nose saddles. Did two indoor zwift trainings on mine no miracle saddle but atleast it’s a better than my previous saddle so that’s some progress

Unsworn5836

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2024, 08:42:12 AM »
The wear is also visible on other bib pants but not as bad as on the 7mesh.

Got a replacement one from them, and changed the saddle to another ryet with a lot more smooth surface structure.
Should do the job

biph

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2024, 12:27:15 PM »
I just received my Ryet saddle. It just came wrapped in a plastic bag without any further instructions.
What is the recommended torque for the seatpost clamps?