Author Topic: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?  (Read 16807 times)

St0mpB0x

Re: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2023, 10:12:36 PM »
86.5mm is literally a threaded BB386 shell. My previous width specs were a bit wonky. SRAM specify that a T47 BB for internal bottom bracket should be 85.5mm which requires then requires a 3mm spacer on the driveside when installing the crank. In your case a 2mm spacer should work and result in the chainrings being 0.5mm closer to the frame centre line. If you are using more than a single 2mm or 3mm spacer you may have somehow ended up with a "Wide" crankset.

It very much sounds like it does not have an asymmetric bottom bracket.

Serge_K

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2023, 09:26:50 AM »
As if BB standards weren't complex enough, now they're doing asymmetric BBs.
It's amazing.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2023, 05:30:40 PM »
Asymmetric BB standards have been around for over a decade.

patliean1

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2023, 07:05:42 PM »
86.5mm is literally a threaded BB386 shell. My previous width specs were a bit wonky. SRAM specify that a T47 BB for internal bottom bracket should be 85.5mm which requires then requires a 3mm spacer on the driveside when installing the crank. In your case a 2mm spacer should work and result in the chainrings being 0.5mm closer to the frame centre line. If you are using more than a single 2mm or 3mm spacer you may have somehow ended up with a "Wide" crankset.

It very much sounds like it does not have an asymmetric bottom bracket.

You caught me LoL. Yup I'm using a DUB Wide crankset. It sort of happened by accident because I didn't realize there were two DUB versions, when the crankset was originally used on my Allez Sprint. Setting up the wide-version crankset on my Allez Sprint worked seamlessly because I (also on accident) was using a DUB BSA wide bottom bracket. No issues using a standard Sram FD.

I do have a standard width crank arms on order which I'll pair with the 1x chainring and spider meter.

MHcell

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2023, 02:23:14 AM »
I'm planning a similar 1x build. I assumed a wide crank would be necessary to fit a big chainring (>50)?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 05:53:42 AM by MHcell »

St0mpB0x

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2023, 03:35:36 AM »
Ha, hopefully I was helpful. I know bottom brackets can be a confusing mess to most people but something sounded extra wonky in this case  :o

St0mpB0x

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2023, 03:49:02 AM »
I'm planning a similar 1x build. I assumed a wide crank would be necessary to fit a big chainring (<50)?

Probably not. Typically the chainline on the direct mount single rings is wide enough to fit normal dimension chainstays. For instance, Garabaruk varies their chainring offset by size to try get a better chainline.

elmtree

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2023, 07:12:08 PM »
@patliean does this frame work with fsa acr stems or other options? I want narrower bars than tantan offers

patliean1

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2023, 12:19:50 AM »
@patliean does this frame work with fsa acr stems or other options? I want narrower bars than tantan offers

The frame uses a standard 1.5 bearing upper and lower. FSA/ACR should not be an issue.

I would like to mention Tan Tan sent me an email earlier today saying they seen and appreciated my recent x38 overview video. They want to "work with me" and offer up some sort of discount/affiliate code. Full disclosure I did purchase the frameset with my own money without mentioning to Tan Tan of my channel, because I just think the frame is kinda unique.

Will keep you posted.

neobiker

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2023, 12:49:36 AM »
The frame uses a standard 1.5 bearing upper and lower. FSA/ACR should not be an issue.

I would like to mention Tan Tan sent me an email earlier today saying they seen and appreciated my recent x38 overview video. They want to "work with me" and offer up some sort of discount/affiliate code. Full disclosure I did purchase the frameset with my own money without mentioning to Tan Tan of my channel, because I just think the frame is kinda unique.

Will keep you posted.

Oh, that is great! I was about to buy the frame xD

That being said, you were lucky for the thru axle, they want me to pay 10 USD more for each of them.

Can you maybe measure and weigh them to check if there aren’t better alternatives?

abdbeg

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2023, 07:38:10 AM »
Can you help me with BB please, Ceccotti seller provided me with this bb:

Will it fit to the frame or should i buy another one, also I'm very confused about tool, which one should i buy? there's just million variation even for T47 16 tooth.

patliean1

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2023, 08:18:50 AM »
Will it fit to the frame or should i buy another one, also I'm very confused about tool, which one should i buy? there's just million variation even for T47 16 tooth.

Ceccotti provided that BB because it's a T47 for Shimano 24 Hollowtech cranks. The frame should be T47 unless you ordered otherwise. If you're are planning to use Shimano cranks that's the one you need.

You will need a specific T47 tool different than BSA or BB386 16 notch BBs. The good news is All T47 bottom bracket tools use the same size 16-notch, with a major diameter (outside of notches) of 52-54 mm

patliean1

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2023, 09:14:09 AM »
Final Weight: 7.2kg (7.6kg with pedals, cages, GPS mount, and power meter)

This was not intended to be a weight weenie build, but there are some pretty cheap and easy methods to drop the weight. The most expensive component are the wheels and they come in at 1366g. Both the saddle and aero chainring are AliExpress specials. Going 1x and also adding TPU inner tubes....easily saved 400+ grams.

The bike is fast in a straight line. Once you're above 23-24mph, drafting in a group, or have a tailwind you can tangibly notice how fast it is. You'd think with such a thick seatpost and bottom bracket the ride would be harsh but in fact it's quite comfortable. Cam Nichols' latest video on his Elves Falath Evo explains this phenomenon. My only main criticism is it isn't very composed over bad pavement. You won't be able to really feel any harshness but more so in how the bike handles the bad pavement.

TanTan provided me with a 5% off code if you order via their Alibaba site. Single frame orders are accepted.

https://activity.alibaba.com/promotion/coupon.html?encryptSellerId=8ZMAg%2FgGIq4Qf53DSNy5Vw%3D%3D

Full review video coming.

P.S. - The gold decals done by a 3rd grader. Myself.

Takiyaki

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2023, 10:57:55 AM »
That is a good looking bike. Kind of bummed that it doesn't come into its own until ~23-24 MPH though...

patliean1

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »
Kind of bummed that it doesn't come into its own until ~23-24 MPH though...

Generally speaking, most road bikes perform the same when you're puttering around slower than 23mph on flat roads.

It's why big brands go to unrealistic lengths to describe how their latest frames "are 45 seconds faster over a distance of 40 km compared to their predecessors" at a speed which recreational riders probably couldn't sustain solo