Author Topic: Trouble bleeding the brakes on Lcfs911  (Read 1219 times)

Slappa

Trouble bleeding the brakes on Lcfs911
« on: May 17, 2023, 11:02:11 AM »
Hi guy's I'm having trouble with bleeding the brakes, I've been trying in several different ways but I cant get the rear brake to it's full potential.

My guess is that it is air in the hoose under the crank, I've been whipping the handle, twisting the handle, tried to bleed the brakes according to shimanos guide, I've been trying to do it the traditional way as you do it on cars but I'm a not satisfied.

Is there anyone else that's been having the same kind of issues?

jonathanf2

Re: Trouble bleeding the brakes on Lcfs911
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 11:15:15 AM »
Hi guy's I'm having trouble with bleeding the brakes, I've been trying in several different ways but I cant get the rear brake to it's full potential.

My guess is that it is air in the hoose under the crank, I've been whipping the handle, twisting the handle, tried to bleed the brakes according to shimanos guide, I've been trying to do it the traditional way as you do it on cars but I'm a not satisfied.

You can pump the brake lever like 50-100 times over to accumulate the pressure. After that, open up the bleed port on the shifters, place a funnel with some oil and pump some more until the air is fully removed. It's my fall back method when nothing else works.

Cerps

Re: Trouble bleeding the brakes on Lcfs911
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2023, 08:13:15 AM »

What kind of brakes are you using?  I had issues with my shimano brakes on my externally routed fatbike.  Ultimately the best bleed I got was by putting a full funnel on the lever and then opening the bleed port on  on the caliper and letting a bunch of fluid run out.  I also tilted the front of the bike up and removed the caliper to try and get everything as vertical as possible.  And don't forget to remove the pads.