Author Topic: Magene QED P325 Crankset  (Read 1686 times)

zerstorer

Re: Magene QED P325 Crankset
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 09:37:45 PM »
Iis the crank warped or is it just the chainring? Won't a replacement Magene chainring solve it?
I think it's a pretty good product if you have a properly working set.

Full dual sided power meter Crankset at under 700g, isn't very common.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:43:31 PM by zerstorer »

dsveddy

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2024, 10:12:18 PM »
I’ve tried installing a replacement chain set in the past. It was warped out of the box and warped even more over time with use. I’m pretty sure the rings are just soft.

It’s a shame because for the most part I agree, lightweight for the price.

I’ve already replaced with a Skypivot crankset with Sigeyi PM I scored on the used market. So I’m not exactly interested in holding onto it.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2024, 02:38:59 AM »
They should at least offer a spider that fits their interface so you can fit whatever chainring you want...

It is indeed a shame you now have a perfectly fine PM you can't use...

Wet Noodle

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 01:30:26 PM »
Maybe I can find a machine shop willing to do the job for me, but then the question is how expensive will it be?

The design part could have been a nice exercise (and prototyping 1 or 2 ideas, before going metal, isn't that much of an issue nowadays where everybody and their grandma has a 3D printer). The real issue is machining. Not sure, but I think it's pretty much true anywhere that getting a one-off part machined at regular rates is usually way (waaaaay) expensive. To make it feasible, you would have to be able to do it yourself or just happen to know someone.

Nevermind then, trying to sell might really be the way to go.