Author Topic: Adapt bikes AT-B01  (Read 5645 times)

Unsworn5836

Re: Adapt bikes AT-B01
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2023, 11:07:27 AM »
I like the look of it. Emailed Adapt directly and they said they won’t sell direct to consumer any more. Tavelo sells for $1500. Nich quoted me $2400 for the frameset, with a little more color options than Tavelo but still more than I’d want to pay. If I’m going open mold, I’d like to pick my own color scheme. I wonder if Tavelo would allow one off paint jobs.
Sad one, same here.

patliean1

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2023, 11:29:03 AM »
Whatever version you decide, I can say the frame out on the road is very lovely. This is the only frame I've tested besides my Winspace T1500 (not a coincidence, same factory) that offers the dynamics of a more premium brand. Corners very well too.

I wasn't going for a weight weenie build either. My size L came in at 7.16kg without pedals, cages, or computer mount. But does still include (obviously) the not-so-light Magene PES P505 Base power meter/chainrings, heavy-ish (but super stiff) FarSports F1 cockpit, and one of the more heavier paint options (white). You could easily get this build down to 6.8kg with matte black finish and more carefully selected components.

If you have an opportunity to grab this frameset at a factory-direct price I would highly recommend it.

noreply

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2023, 01:01:31 AM »
I tried to buy one of these a few months ago and was pointed to their US distributor who doesnt offer the frame on their website. How did you manage to buy one direct?

They also have a 2024 new frame coming out. I really like the lines of their frames and will probably get the Tavelo version if it’s offered, but dont really need the support.

Regarding the bearings, I think you could either just take them with you (mark or keep them in separate bags if there is a specific top vs. bottom) or you could ask. Sometimes they are marked either on the rubber seals or on the outer race with a number you can look up.

I'm in Canada so I guess there's no company with an exclusive distributorship here. Would also like to note that I started the email inquiry in early Oct.

No markings on the bearings so I'm out of luck there. I did however confirm it's a 36°/45°. As for dims, I will have access to a caliper in the new year when I get back to work and will measure it up properly. So far I have a couple candidate part numbers from the FSA website and I just need to narrow it down.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 01:04:03 AM by noreply »
Less yapping more braaping.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2024, 07:59:00 PM »
Whatever version you decide, I can say the frame out on the road is very lovely. This is the only frame I've tested besides my Winspace T1500 (not a coincidence, same factory) that offers the dynamics of a more premium brand. Corners very well too.

I wasn't going for a weight weenie build either. My size L came in at 7.16kg without pedals, cages, or computer mount. But does still include (obviously) the not-so-light Magene PES P505 Base power meter/chainrings, heavy-ish (but super stiff) FarSports F1 cockpit, and one of the more heavier paint options (white). You could easily get this build down to 6.8kg with matte black finish and more carefully selected components.

If you have an opportunity to grab this frameset at a factory-direct price I would highly recommend it.

That is one sexy bike.

And looks like that paint job isn't available any longer. Shame, it's a beauty.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 08:05:19 PM by Eddy_Twerckx »

St0mpB0x

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2024, 09:58:10 PM »
I'm super curious about their new 2024 model. I think Tavelo will be getting it as well but I'm uncertain.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2024, 06:26:59 AM »
I'm super curious about their new 2024 model. I think Tavelo will be getting it as well but I'm uncertain.

2024 model of this frame (Adapt AT-B01)? Is it a new frame or just colors?

Sakizashi

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2024, 11:23:22 AM »
Its a new frame, photo from their facebook. Deeper tube shapes for sure. Looks also like better tire clearance and perhaps t47/pf30 bb as the hole looks bigger than on the current model. Its subtle, but I still really like the lines of their frames and really like what their designer is doing.

I would 100% preorder one if I could and develop a series of stem / headset adapters for it, but I have no interest in making a bike brand so its probably out for me unless Tavelo carries it.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2024, 04:06:26 AM »
Tavelo have a new bike listed on their website without further information so it might be happening.

patliean1

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2024, 08:10:34 AM »
My guess would be it's probably a new frame for the global market.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2024, 03:37:53 AM »
870g Apparently.

Sakizashi

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2024, 12:10:08 PM »
Also UDH. This frame looks more and more like a winner.

If only I could actually buy one...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 03:04:42 PM by Sakizashi »

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2024, 11:01:15 AM »
Adapt is listing some info on their website. UDH, T47 bottom bracket, full integration. Even listing it as the AT-B02, so likely a successor to the B01/Tavelo Attack/Nich Legend 4. Lighter, and added the  T47 BB and UDH.

patliean1

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2024, 11:22:30 AM »
I wonder if this new frame is, in part, to avoid stepping on the toes of their OEM partners like Nich and Tavelo.

PLA

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2024, 09:16:32 PM »
Gonna pick one of these up. We are building up a bunch of Chinese frames here from various manufacturers so might just add this to the bunch if they can get it to me within 3 or so months.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2024, 09:03:50 AM »
I wonder if this new frame is, in part, to avoid stepping on the toes of their OEM partners like Nich and Tavelo.

The fact that Adapt doesn’t even list the AT-B01 on their website any longer makes me suspect this is the case as well.

Either way, I like the small updates. Especially the hanger as finding a replacement derailleur hanger for open mold frames can be a nightmare.