Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 51244 times)

PaxiH

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #465 on: May 22, 2024, 04:12:57 PM »
The di2 Ultegra touchs the frame plate for me

Can you send a picture please?

PaxiH

« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2024, 04:16:09 PM »
After reading the 32 pages of this topic and I am really considering buying this frame ! How much was for the frame, no custom paint and shipping to EU ? No price on their website, why ?

I did post an overview of my offer earlier. There you can find the prices.
Other than that you can Mail with Wendy from LC. She responds normally pretty quickly.

Ar26

« Reply #467 on: May 22, 2024, 05:38:03 PM »
The hanger is fixed by 4 screws. So if they could provide a different hanger it could work.

I'll definitely give updates when I know something new.
So far I can't go on with the build. That sucks.
If I have to go with electronic shifting, the build will be mich more expensive than planned. And I also really like mechanical shifting.
I tasted the electric and it's really great for the settings which offer a lot of possibilities. Without counting on internal wiring, much easier. It's very difficult  to go back.

rasch

« Reply #468 on: Today at 03:52:40 AM »
I tasted the electric and it's really great for the settings which offer a lot of possibilities. Without counting on internal wiring, much easier. It's very difficult  to go back.

Yeap! I completely agree. It's like driving an automatic gears car. Notwithstanding the manual still has its advantages, and at the moment comparing a full 105 hydraulic to a di2 is double the price 500vs1000.

I'll be using an old 105 given by a client in this frame. LC advertises it as allowing 4 cables so I'm not expecting it can't handle mechanical shifting. That screw is adding additional support which is always great, not crucial, but great. Replacing the hanger is a solution, yet let's see. Looking forward for PaxiH feedback

PaxiH

« Reply #469 on: Today at 04:49:51 AM »
Yeap! I completely agree. It's like driving an automatic gears car. Notwithstanding the manual still has its advantages, and at the moment comparing a full 105 hydraulic to a di2 is double the price 500vs1000.

I'll be using an old 105 given by a client in this frame. LC advertises it as allowing 4 cables so I'm not expecting it can't handle mechanical shifting. That screw is adding additional support which is always great, not crucial, but great. Replacing the hanger is a solution, yet let's see. Looking forward for PaxiH feedback

Unfortunately I can't post anything yesterday. Seems like the Website has some problems. I still can't post pictures for some reason.

I was wrong about the hanger. It isn't screwed. It looks like 2.5mm hex but it is riveted.

Wendy did reply to me and tried to help we're she can. I really appreciate that. But she told me that there is only this hanger version. So I guess I have to go without the stabilizing screw and try to index it somehow. As I'm reading in other forum it is also like that to e.g. Basso frames.

In terms of internal cable routing, I finished that yesterday. With the right tools it was possible but not fun at all  ;D

I don't know if it is normal but when I turn the handlebar, there is a hearable rubbing of the cables in the headset area. Should be normal I guess, because the cables need to move somehow when the handlebar is turned. It's my first internally routed frame.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:07:59 AM by PaxiH »

rasch

« Reply #470 on: Today at 05:04:33 AM »
Looking great. Almost done in 1 day... impressive!

You could have used some dampner on the cables to avoid that rubbing sound. Not sure you are a weight weenie ahah Some ppl end up not putting it because of the 30g extra  ;D

As regards indexation I don't think you'll have a major problem with it. Keep us updated and show us the final result on the road too eheh

PaxiH

« Reply #471 on: Today at 05:10:43 AM »
Looking great. Almost done in 1 day... impressive!

You could have used some dampner on the cables to avoid that rubbing sound. Not sure you are a weight weenie ahah Some ppl end up not putting it because of the 30g extra  ;D

As regards indexation I don't think you'll have a major problem with it. Keep us updated and show us the final result on the road too eheh

Thank you  :)

I used some kind of rubber sleeve specific for anti rattle on each cable. It is more that you can hear/feel the movement inside when turning the handlebar. It's not a problem as it will not be noticable while riding I guess.

The wheel set should be delivered tomorrow according to DHL.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:12:17 AM by PaxiH »

dinorello

« Reply #472 on: Today at 06:41:28 AM »

Unfortunately I can't post anything yesterday. Seems like the Website has some problems. I still can't post pictures for some reason.

I was wrong about the hanger. It isn't screwed. It looks like 2.5mm hex but it is riveted.

Wendy did reply to me and tried to help we're she can. I really appreciate that. But she told me that there is only this hanger version. So I guess I have to go without the stabilizing screw and try to index it somehow. As I'm reading in other forum it is also like that to e.g. Basso frames.

In terms of internal cable routing, I finished that yesterday. With the right tools it was possible but not fun at all  ;D

I don't know if it is normal but when I turn the handlebar, there is a hearable rubbing of the cables in the headset area. Should be normal I guess, because the cables need to move somehow when the handlebar is turned. It's my first internally routed frame.

Looks great so far. Hope that front mechanical derailleur will work okay.  LC should really state that the bike is not designed for mechanical front derailleurs.

numberzero

« Reply #473 on: Today at 06:58:44 AM »
It seems only recent shimano derailleurs have this "stabilizing screw". Don't worry front derailleurs work perfectly without this feature.

dinorello

« Reply #474 on: Today at 07:55:55 AM »
It seems only recent shimano derailleurs have this "stabilizing screw". Don't worry front derailleurs work perfectly without this feature.
I don't know about it working perfectly without that stabilizing screw.  The screw keeps the derailleur aligned for more consistent shifting for longer without it rubbing 

PaxiH

« Reply #475 on: Today at 08:41:49 AM »
I don't know about it working perfectly without that stabilizing screw.  The screw keeps the derailleur aligned for more consistent shifting for longer without it rubbing

Now I glued the little metal plate from Shimano like this.
I don't think it will hold very long time, but the feature of the screw kinda works  ;D

There would be also the possibility to glue (2k) a little metal plate onto the hanger. But I don't know if that is necessary.

dinorello

« Reply #476 on: Today at 09:36:24 AM »
Now I glued the little metal plate from Shimano like this.
I don't think it will hold very long time, but the feature of the screw kinda works  ;D

There would be also the possibility to glue (2k) a little metal plate onto the hanger. But I don't know if that is necessary.

Wow!  Good job!  Hope it holds