Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 160868 times)

rockerplates.de

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #1140 on: Today at 01:29:50 PM »
Come on now, have you modeled anything you say? have you calculated the amps that high discharge vape cells that are meant to work for mere minutes crank out vs the current draw of these derailleurs that are meant to work for thousands, thousands, thousands, and many thousands more actuations?

I have built up the distribution for Kokam Lithium polymer cells in Europe (and did a project with their cells for bmw in formula one), over a decade ago, have develope a 350mAh cell which is capable of discharge rates up to 20 c...so i am in the business since it started.
Ltwoo had massive problems with their aftermarket mtb shifting set, which pulls the shiftingcable.., they did not even understand why voltage drops und higher loads and comes back after the shift was done...

I just wanted to help and having a 1000mah battery only being able to work 3 Amps, which is 3 C will probably end up in chaos...especially if its getting colder...internal resistance, you know....

No, i have not measure current draw for this system, as i do not have anymore left, we are happy to have sold those crappy products and i am not willing to do the work for ltwoo...the crappy pcb, which does not securely protect the battery housing from shortening is another sign of their engineering skills.
Vapecells provide currents up to 10 or 15c without showing significant voltage drops...so they wont go bad fast because of cell chemistry being hurt with too high discharge rates..it was just a recommandation to be on the safe side....
There are many discharge curves available here:

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Vapcell%20INR18350%201100mAh%20(Purple)%20UK.html

Basically, feel free to buy or use whatever you want...i will hold back my posts in this thread