Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 71627 times)

Serge_K

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2023, 03:58:14 AM »
LTWOO eR9 vs eRX weights: 55g difference (same FD & battery, 20g per shifter, 15g on RD)
Given the eR9 is materially cheaper (c.150 USD difference, which is %age terms is an enormous difference), it makes more sense.
For comparison, the weight diff between a good unbranded Chinese crankset & the carbon ones Trace Velo reviewed is about 225g for 75 USD extra.

kbike

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2023, 08:22:33 PM »
Seen gc performance erx update and teaser of the winspace agile.

So the erx is sleeping @15 secs. With no movement(vibration) of the rear derailleur. It seems sensitive to quickly turn back on. I guess with smooth enough roads it's possible the derailleur could turn off and you can't shift. I wonder how it acts going uphill. When going slow and not that much vibration happening will you get stuck in a gear. Basically any stop would be enough for sleep.  I wonder how he was getting no front shifts but the rear was working.
As of Firmware 0.0.6

patliean1

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2023, 10:30:53 PM »
Amazon (USA) is selling SRAM Force eTap groupsets on sale for around $800.

Levers, calipers, pre-bled hoses, both derailleurs, a set of rotors, 2 batteries, AND charger. All you need to buy is a crank, chain, and cassette.

This is a no brainer...

erallen30

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2023, 11:47:36 PM »

Levers, calipers, pre-bled hoses, both derailleurs, a set of rotors, 2 batteries, AND charger. All you need to buy is a crank, chain, and cassette.

This is a no brainer...

Exactly. To top it off both full 105 Di2 and Rival etap AXS full groupsets are better value at this point.

wandulus

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2023, 01:23:55 AM »

This is a no brainer...

Almost same situation in EU. SRAM Rival is at same price than LTWOO, and Force a little bit higher. For me, no cost/risk option going for LTWOO, and at it first batch.

OralMaster

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2023, 05:00:17 AM »

This is a no brainer...

Thanks for the heads up pat! just got the SRAM Force with a 15% discount.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2023, 11:14:32 AM »

This is a no brainer...

I don't like Sram at all. Starts with the D.O.T continues with the individual battery approach and most importantly don't like the shifting logic,... what you account as no brainer is therfore personal...  ;D
But in general you're right , the ltwoo  is currently too expensive  compared to shimano and sram regarding  the unknown reliability.
But give it some time.. maybe they will make a good job. The shifting with new components was very nice..i had the chance to test it on a powertrainer.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 03:10:59 PM by Pedaldancer »

patliean1

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2023, 11:59:19 AM »
Both Shimano Ultegra mechanical shifting groupsets R8000 (rim brake) and R8020 (hydraulic) are still tremendous values even till this day. 3 of my bikes still run Ultegra R8020, and the gear shifts are just as fast and reliable as electronic groupsets even after several thousands of miles.

Obviously having to route four cables internally is a pain, which is almost worth the electronic upgrade alone. It just seems like until LTWOO/Sensai can offer a mechanical groupset that matches the refinement of Ultegra mechanical...making the quick jump to electronic is a difficult ask for early adopters.

I still want one though, as it would make for good YouTube content  ;D

Serge_K

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2023, 01:53:22 PM »
For those of us in Europe, what "deals" can you find on branded groupsets at the moment?
The eR9 retails for 3500 CNY, that's 485 $ or EUR 445.

BalticSea

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2023, 02:39:47 PM »
Did you add the VAT and inport tax to the price of Ltwoo?

Rival 1 AXS kit can be found under 700€. 2x set up is more expensive at 800-ish, 105 upgrade kit is a grand. Meanwhile, the only electric ltwoo listing I saw on Ali was over 800.

Serge_K

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2023, 02:51:22 PM »
Did you add the VAT and inport tax to the price of Ltwoo?

Rival 1 AXS kit can be found under 700€. 2x set up is more expensive at 800-ish, 105 upgrade kit is a grand. Meanwhile, the only electric ltwoo listing I saw on Ali was over 800.

Interesting. Where can you find the 2x @800 ish?

BalticSea

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2023, 03:17:58 PM »
Not sure if it is older version or something, but here's one https://www.bike24.com/p2313768.html?menu=1000,1868,1969. Granted, it doesn't include crankset, cassette and chain, but upgrade kits are pretty barebone.

Serge_K

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »
Not sure if it is older version or something, but here's one https://www.bike24.com/p2313768.html?menu=1000,1868,1969. Granted, it doesn't include crankset, cassette and chain, but upgrade kits are pretty barebone.

Thanks! Not bad at all indeed!

Plateofboxes

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2023, 05:10:01 AM »
I've been following this closely for an upcoming build. In Australia it's not so clear cut: Ali has the ltwoo erx (effectively and upgrade kit) for like 1100aud (shipped with gst). Best local retailer (bikebug) has rival at 2k+ (for upgrade bits and pieces) and 105 as not much better. Looking at our prices - maybe I'm wrong - but I think we're getting ltwoo a little cheaper, but sram/shim much much more expensive.

That all being said, there's a reputable seeming seller on Ali able to ship a 105 di2 full set for 1400ish, which is a fair bargain.

I am waiting to see what prices look like for the er9.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2023, 07:17:35 AM »
PSA: Please please please don't buy this groupset if you're price conscious and can't afford to write the purchase off. This is not the product for someone who simply wants something that 'just works' and can't stomach the pain when something goes wrong. The software is barely 1st gen, as is the hardware and everything is subject to change in later revisions/generations. I'm excited in the eRX because the underlying foundation could truly shake up the industry but evidently there is still much to improve.

By the way, zero proper reviews exist on the Chinese side of the internet as everyone there is waiting for someone else to take the risk. Just this week someone posted about aftermarket DM hanger clearance issues. Again, don't be a guinea pig.