Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets

<< < (2/158) > >>

patliean1:
Groupsets and wheels are the two things you really should not skimp on. Basically any moving or electronic components.

Framesets, handlebars/stem, saddles, and any other static parts can be had for cheap without really posing any risks to safety or reliability.

DutchCheapskate:

--- Quote from: Eddy_Twerckx on June 05, 2023, 10:13:34 AM ---ER9 pricing isn’t bad. Not sure I consider $575 for the carbon version much of a steal when Shimano 105 can be had for around $700 these days. But just under $450 for an electronic group is tempting.

--- End quote ---

Yea, it's so cheap that it's worth a try. The review of ChinaCycling does look good to me. Interestingly, on his reviews on the china bike show he mentioned that it is good to wait for the second version of a groupset. In general, the manufacturers tend to rule out the problems of the first version.

I'm also wondering, how are these groupsets patent wise? Are components illegal copies of other groupsets?

Liter:
it actually looks better than the new Campy.

I wonder how the weight is for the ERX, but for the same price you could buy Sram Force.

mtbluvr68:
Considering I can probably get into Sram Rival AXS for around $900.00 +/-  not sure that I'd want to take the chance on a cheaper chinese electro set.  I would on the other had try out the mechanical LTWOO graevel   1X12 set that TraceVelo loved. 

dsveddy:

--- Quote from: mtbluvr68 on June 06, 2023, 10:48:00 AM ---Considering I can probably get into Sram Rival AXS for around $900.00 +/-  not sure that I'd want to take the chance on a cheaper chinese electro set.  I would on the other had try out the mechanical LTWOO graevel   1X12 set that TraceVelo loved.

--- End quote ---

If we're comparing against SRAM, LTWOO's ERX is actually lighter than even SRAM Force for the same parts.
https://www.pandapodium.cc/2023/04/30/shimano-105-di2-killer-l-twoo-erx-groupset-first-look/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version