Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

shipping times from aliexpress

(1/7) > >>

flyedf:
the standard AliExpress Shipping is currently showing 1 month.  anyone buy a frame recently?  worth it to pay extra for ups/fedex? 

Tijoe:
I find that most of the items I purchase from Aliexpress state one month deliveries.  Unless the store states they have a guaranteed delivery time, I believe that the stores use a standard 1 month delivery that Aliexpress posts.

This being stated:  The best approach from my perspective is to message/write the store selling the frame you want and ask specifically if they have it in stock, then how long of a processing time it takes them to drop it off or have the shipping company pick up your order.   

Then it usually takes 10 to 15 days for it to make it to my local USPS office.  I don't know how much faster deliveries are or can be in larger cities.

TidyDinosaur:
I recently bought a TFSA frame and I am not exactly happy with the time everything takes... At first there was a problem with the frame so they had to make another one. It took almost 1 month before they shipped. After that it sat in Hong Kong for 2 weeks waiting for a flight... Last Sunday it finally got on a flight and went to I don't know where. I am in the EU and paid extra for DPD shipping. I ordered the frame on 03/05 so that will be almost 2 months between order and receiving the frame (hoping all goes well from now on).

So yes, check if the frame is in stock and check reviews from other people about the shipping.

jonathanf2:
I ordered from SPCycle awhile back. It took 10 days to prep and paint the frame. I did standard AliEx shipping and they used FedEx Global. It took about 5 days to get to my front door. They're not very chatty when it comes to messaging, but they ship fast. I've also ordered from TFSA, it took about a whole month for the frame to arrived via USPS.

It's a good idea to ask what's in stock first which will speed up the process. I believe most frames are raw carbon and then painted/clear-coated depending on customer.

flyedf:
I'm doing frame/fork with btx and they are saying about a week to put color on.  it has free shipping = aliexpress standard, which they are saying 1-2months to USA.  Or else I pay for upgrade shipping.  I've noticed other seller's charge ($80) for shipping, so I'm assuming they are using expedited shipping.

I've ordered various small parts and I've been getting things in just 2-3weeks (non expedited, economy ship), which is fastest ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version