Author Topic: shipping times from aliexpress  (Read 4271 times)

coffeebreak

Re: shipping times from aliexpress
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2023, 12:07:05 PM »
My run of luck with fast shipping has come to an end.
6 out of 9 orders from August were lost somewhere between ACI logistics and USPS handover. ACI folks say they handed over the packages to USPS and USPS folks claim they never received them. For 6 lost packages once I raised refund request, 4 were refunded immediately. The other 2 hesitated and kept me waiting. Finally just earlier this month after almost 1.5 month from order date remaining were refunded too. Fortunately, out of 3 that did get delivered one was EE brakes - something that I was eagerly waiting for!

00Garza

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2023, 01:36:40 PM »
Had something get lost for the first time back in late August. Had to wait about the same amount of time for a refund.

mirphak

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 05:53:30 PM »
I too got something lost from August, for the first time. What a mess. I finally got today the refund, but as usual the seller and AE hesitated a lot and insisted me on keeping calling and sending mails to the delivery company...

Tijoe

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
Question on Carbon MTB handlebars.   I have a total of 4 carbon MTB handlebars, two , that I ordered on 11-11 and two a couple days later.   It appears that not a single set has been shipped yet.   
Does anyone else have bars on order that haven't shipped yet?

00Garza

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 10:52:51 AM »
Question on Carbon MTB handlebars.   I have a total of 4 carbon MTB handlebars, two , that I ordered on 11-11 and two a couple days later.   It appears that not a single set has been shipped yet.   
Does anyone else have bars on order that haven't shipped yet?

Everything I've ordered during the 11.11 arrived already. How is the seller rating? I had to cancel something I ordered recently after a few days passed without shipping. Looked at seller feedback and lots of super late or never delivered reviews.

Tijoe

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 11:24:06 AM »
Everything I've ordered during the 11.11 arrived already. How is the seller rating? I had to cancel something I ordered recently after a few days passed without shipping. Looked at seller feedback and lots of super late or never delivered reviews.
I just checked.  All 4 stores have ratings at 96% and above.  Reviews in general are good that these stores.   It appear that 1 of the 4 handlebars passed through customs over a week ago, but no updates since.   I wrote the other 3 stores asking for a shipping update. 

Presently, I have over 30 items on order.   It is taking too much time trying to keep track of all the items.   Many have been delivered in less than 10 days, others, I am not sure that they have even shipped the item/s even though they have assigned a tracking number.   A couple of my "choice" multi-item orders have been split up.  Half the order arrived within 12 days, the other package/s are over a month now, but making very slow progress in the US. (For some reason, these packages have traveled all the way from California via the 2 regular stops, but for these they continued on to Illinois with several stops along the way, and are slowly heading back west towards me.   Talk about how many mile a package travels to get delivered...

jonathanf2

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 12:31:31 PM »
It seems AliEx is now using a private courier at least here in Southern California. All my 11.11 sale items have mysteriously appeared on my front doorstep and usually in the morning. Usually no status updates (besides processed through US customs) until delivered. I'm receiving fewer packages via USPS and more through private courier.

I think they have a warehouse somewhere in the Inland Empire (near Los Angeles) and many small sellers are using that as a base for their US distribution for things like wheels and frame sets. It's probably just cheaper for them to send a driver out in LA as opposed to processing things through the postal service.

jannmayer

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2023, 12:56:47 AM »
It seems AliEx is now using a private courier at least here in Southern California. All my 11.11 sale items have mysteriously appeared on my front doorstep and usually in the morning. Usually no status updates (besides processed through US customs) until delivered. I'm receiving fewer packages via USPS and more through private courier.

I think they have a warehouse somewhere in the Inland Empire (near Los Angeles) and many small sellers are using that as a base for their US distribution for things like wheels and frame sets. It's probably just cheaper for them to send a driver out in LA as opposed to processing things through the postal service.
That's been my experience here in San Diego as well. I usually get an email after it's been left at my doorstep but not always. The labels appeared to have return addresses in China though. I suspect the sellers are packaging them and sending them to an AliExpress warehouse in China, and then they bundle them and ship them over before disrtibuting.

Everything I ordered on 11/11 has arrived except for my frame. The tracking has shown it as in the US for a while now, so I'm hoping it will be here any day.

TCal

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2024, 01:04:19 PM »
Just when I though shipping times were becoming faster....
The majority of my orders in the past month have added another stop in the USA as the package more slowly makes it to my house.

Just a month ago, tracking used to indicate that it has made it through customs and was in Los Angeles, followed by a stop in West Valley City Utah. Then the package would show up in my local town and out for delivery.

Now...

Goes through customs in Los Angeles,
followed by a stop in GreenWood IN, where it is takes 3 more days for the package to show up in;
West Valley City Utah.
Then the package shows up in my local town.

Why the extra stop these days? 
Any one else seeing this new stop in their tracking of packages?

Hey there,  I a can relate to this. I placed an Aliexperess order in January 3rd 2024 which claim 14 day delivery.  The package arrived in the US around Jan 16th and since then it has been on a tour of the Eastern US. Started in NJ, then PA, then VA, now is in NC where it has stayed for the last 48hrs.  AliExpress shows the package as “unsuccessful delivery”.  I have opened a dispute since my feeling is that this package will never make it to Washington DC like it is supposed to. Will report back on what happens next. 
BTW, I opened a dispute with AliExpress and their first response is to block it.  Rather than at lest hearing me out they simply block it first.  I am on round two with them asking for a refund.

00Garza

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2024, 02:53:11 PM »
Shipping has gotten weird. Last item I ordered tracking still said it was somewhere in Utah but had just been delivered. Then when I hit the “delivery confirmed” button it updated, but said delivered to an address in a town 1 hour away.

TCal

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2024, 03:03:09 PM »
Shipping has gotten weird. Last item I ordered tracking still said it was somewhere in Utah but had just been delivered. Then when I hit the “delivery confirmed” button it updated, but said delivered to an address in a town 1 hour away.
Did your order go through USPS?

00Garza

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2024, 06:25:52 PM »
I believe so.

TCal

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2024, 01:26:39 PM »
Reporting here that my combined package finally arrived after having done an extended tour of the Eastern Seaboard.  all in good order, no damages nor scratches, which i find extraordinary.  i do note that the combined order was shipped from a US address, the Cainiao (Sp?) service.  i wonder if they ship some items to the address (New Jersey for those in the US) and combine and then ship from there.  normally i think this would hav arrived very quickly, less than 14 days, but i suspect the mix up was with USPS. I have read elsewhere that the shipping bags sellers use these days sometimes confuse the sorting machines that USPS uses. taking that with a grain of salt, as it is totally just a guess.

Tijoe

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2024, 07:17:35 PM »
All of my 11-11 through the end of the year arrived except for 2 packages that eventually passed the 60 day delivery deadline and I received refunds.

This is my delivery pattern for most of the items I order.    Order declared shipped in 1 to 3 days.   Order tracking from China to USA Customs, usually 3-4 days.

After release from Customs in Los Angeles, (usually 1 day) 12 to 16 days delivery time by USPS.  My packages usually have 4-5 intermediate stops that each take 2-3 days to get to the next stop.    That's USPS! 

OTOH.  Letters that get sent to us are taking 8 to 12 days to be delivered these days.   (What ever happened to 3-5 days for regular postage letters to be delivered.)  No wonder no one wants to send mail or bills through USPS.   

jonathanf2

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2024, 11:42:17 AM »
So far my Pick 3 & Save and Choice deliveries have been arriving the fastest with private courier straight from the AliEx warehouse with 4-7 day deliveries. In fact it's the same guy dropping my stuff off! My last non-Choice purchase took 15 days to arrive and that went through USPS. For non-critical components, the price savings and speed of shipping have definitely been worth it.