Author Topic: Yoeleo R12 & SAT C50 PRO Wheels - Revamped and Refreshed  (Read 3415 times)

coffeebreak

Re: Yoeleo R12 & SAT C50 PRO Wheels - Revamped and Refreshed
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2024, 06:02:49 PM »
A couple of observations that I missed earlier and might help someone -

1. The handlebar seemed too tight after I tightened the headset cap. Even at just 1.5-2nm the bar won't move freely. Took apart spacers, bearing, C-ring, re-arranged cables but no dice. At 1nm handle would move but since it was so loose there was a terrible play in the head tube area. Baffled, I looked into the goodies bag that Yoeleo sends with all the small parts and there it was, a wafer thin (0.5mm or may be thinner) C shaped nylon washer that I had missed. The only logical place for it to go is on top of the metal C-ring. Thankfully since its thin nylon I could wiggle it into the position without removing the whole shebang. And voila, everything is good!

2. The curved saddle holder is a pain. On my first ride I noticed my bum sliding backwards and sure enough the saddle was sagging backwards under load. I tightened it and by the time I reached home it was again tilted backwards. Tightened that screw beyond my comfort level and yet on the next ride same thing - saddle tilted backwards. Today I tightened it again, possibly 3x tighter than any other screw on the entire bike and it seems to hold the position. Fortunately the saddle rails are metal. If it was one of those 100 gram carbon rail saddle it would have been crushed by that clamp.
I need to devise a way to secure it in place without tightening to infinity.