Author Topic: TT-X34 Build/Ride First ~250 mile impression  (Read 3229 times)

Nickk2000

Re: TT-X34 Build/Ride First ~250 mile impression
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2022, 07:06:11 PM »
Hey guys  :)

I was also thinking about buying the 218. But then I ordered the TT x34. So here are some intensions:

1. the buying process and contact to Rose was nice
2. then it took a long time till the frame was produced, painted and sent. excuses like: the painter is on vacation, the shipping agent forgot the package...
3. the painting and everything was fine. I finished the build and after 3 I had a strange feeling with the handlebar width. I measured my handlebar and it was 440/100, but I ordered 400/100. I had a long discussion, because Rose said that I have to pay for the handlebar, but it was the mistake of Tantan. After one week Rose said that's I will get a handlebar, but I have to sell the false handlebar and send her the money. Because 400/100 was not in stock I choose 400/110
4. I also had problems with slipping seat post. I asked Rose she said that the typical torque is 10 Nm and I can go up to 12 Nm.

But all in all im very happy with the bike 8) 8)

This is very different from my experience. I set the order up, i paid, said it was a 28 day lead time and it was shipped out in like 2.5-3 weeks, but its also that red and black fade color scheme, so it mightve been mass produced, but they seemed friendly and had no “excuses”

As for the NM torque of the seatpost, thats so freaking high are you sure about it being 10+ nm for rhe seatpost? I was thinking 5-6.

LaurinF

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 03:17:39 PM »
This is very different from my experience. I set the order up, i paid, said it was a 28 day lead time and it was shipped out in like 2.5-3 weeks, but its also that red and black fade color scheme, so it mightve been mass produced, but they seemed friendly and had no “excuses”

As for the NM torque of the seatpost, thats so freaking high are you sure about it being 10+ nm for rhe seatpost? I was thinking 5-6.

I placed the order at 14 may and recieved it 16 july.

Here’s the mail from Rose:
Hi,

seapost clamp max torque is 12nm
Please try 10nm first.

Best regards

Rose

yex

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 01:39:24 PM »
Hello, guys. Did you route FD cable above or below BB? I routed above and probably it was a bad idea. Shifting are not so good without a cable stop in the frame

LaurinF

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »
Hello, guys. Did you route FD cable above or below BB? I routed above and probably it was a bad idea. Shifting are not so good without a cable stop in the frame

I have Force Etap, so I can't give you an advice  :D

Nickk2000

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2022, 09:09:06 AM »
I have Force Etap, so I can't give you an advice  :D
Ditto.

It probably would be above I'd imagine.
Also, Caroline (TanTan) reached out and said the x34 is 6-8nm on the seat post wedge. the 10-12 seemed too high so I reached out to see what she said, and 6-8 is what she recommended.

Serge_K

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2023, 08:45:01 AM »
Im running 25’s. I got PLENTY of room. Probably could run 32’s comfortably, but i have no desire to find out as its a road bike.

Having ridden back to back Conti 5000 28 and 32 on similar spec wheels, i'd say, don't dismiss 32C. Peak Torque has tested that assuming your rims are extra wide (32mm, presumably), there's no aero penalty, and no rolling resistance penalty to running 32.
The difference in comfort is so stark that i'm looking for a road bike that can comfortably run 32C.

How's the bike been holding up? I like the design, Trek is one of the rare brands that's not making "everybody else's frame".