Author Topic: Elves Vanyar Pro Disc 2023 - UCI Approved  (Read 3073 times)

jean

Elves Vanyar Pro Disc 2023 - UCI Approved
« on: June 20, 2023, 12:11:42 AM »
I've seen a few instagram posts that Elves is about to release the 2023 version of their ultralight/climbing frame the Vanyar Disc Pro, this time with UCI Approval.

Instagram post from Elves Malaysia: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsYHTn7LPaf/

Instagram post from Elves UK: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs79locoEs6/

Anyone has more details, specs, weight or release date? What do you think?

personally I've been looking forward to this, it seems it maintains a rounded seatpost, it gets integrated routing cables, but I can't see other differences.

Re: Elves Vanyar Pro Disc 2023 - UCI Approved
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 08:56:16 AM »
Hi there,

We launched it today, all of the details can be found here https://uk.elvesbike.com/products/2024-elves-vanyar-full-carbon-disc-road-framesets,-superlight-disc-road-frame?VariantsId=11450

There is also a short studio promo here-

Happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers,

SJ

patliean1

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 09:31:02 AM »
Hi Elves Bikes Europe,

I expect you will be receiving a lot of questions here. Do you have the capacity to address questions, comments, and concerns within this forum Or is this new Elves account more or less for marketing/promotion? No problem if it's the latter. While Elves is not entitled to support potential customers in this forum, I do think it would be helpful especially at this price point.

According to the website, the main updates are a lighter and stiffer frame correct? Can you speak on the improved aerodynamics?

Fantastic looking frames btw. And the geometry works well for me. Welcome to the forums.
Thanks!

PLA

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 10:52:11 AM »
According to the website, the main updates are a lighter and stiffer frame correct? Can you speak on the improved aerodynamics?

Their 'aero' frame hasn't been aero tested, nor designed with any sort of cfd modelling. Their recent aero claims are probably just words, also, then.

Better sticking with a high quality OEM like Yishunbike or LightCarbon.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 09:23:20 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

cucumber19

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 12:43:24 PM »
From everything I have read and seen, their paint jobs are fabulous and might be worth the premium over the ones you mentioned.  They also seem to be doing a better job of setting up local-ish distribution worldwide, and might (I stress might as I have no direct expierience) provide a more streamlined purchasing interaction than emailing back and forth with Light Carbon, Yishun, et al.

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 12:44:50 PM »
The listed weight is 870g for the 47cm! So basically anything 50cm and up should be in the 900g range. That's decent for an open mold carbon frame, but still not as lightweight as a regular Aethos, let alone an S-Works Aethos if you want a climbing bike.

Takiyaki

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 01:35:09 PM »
The listed weight is 870g for the 47cm! So basically anything 50cm and up should be in the 900g range. That's decent for an open mold carbon frame, but still not as lightweight as a regular Aethos, let alone an S-Works Aethos if you want a climbing bike.
An S-Works Aethos frame costs as much as 2 Chiner builds though. If you are really going for climbing weight weenieism a more holi$tic approach is required anyway. To the point that the ~200-250g over an Aethos isn't that big of a deal

rutgervr

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 01:42:22 PM »
This is it , I will build the new elves frame this winter.
The frame looks really great and their Europe support is good.
Just thinking if I should try the ltwoo or stick with the common brands.

ENEP

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 03:17:25 PM »
Considering their 'aero' frame wasn't designed in conjunction with any sort of CFD and has never been in a wind tunnel, I highly doubt these new aero claims are verified with any sort of actual accepted method of verification.

From what I've seen there is no point in paying a premium for this Elves brand over an established high quality OEM like Yishunbike or LightCarbon.

From what I’ve seen there are. Local dealer with support, five year warranty, fantastic paint jobs, uci approval and still way cheaper than a big brand frame. Offers discount on package deals with bars and wheels. I believe resell value would be higher also considering mentioned above.

jonathanf2

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 07:46:23 PM »
An S-Works Aethos frame costs as much as 2 Chiner builds though. If you are really going for climbing weight weenieism a more holi$tic approach is required anyway. To the point that the ~200-250g over an Aethos isn't that big of a deal

Weight-wise there's nothing special that makes it a wow climbing bike. It's around the average weight of most sub-1000g Chinese carbon frames. If it was sub 900g at a size 52 or 54cm, I'd probably be more impressed.