Author Topic: New Airwolf YFR056- Winow GF23 - CW GT30 - SPCycle G058 gravel frame 700x50, T47  (Read 5102 times)

Reiko1

Hi Moof123, can you please post some photos? I'm also considering this frame in a medium. What is your height?

I have contacted SP for some photos of a built up bike

It looks like one of these bikes is built up with a traditional non-integrated handlebar & stem - does anyone know if the forks have a cable exit port on the shoulder or are they fully integrated? thanks!

100poods

I will be glad if someone tells me the length of thru axles that is needed. I ordered from Seraph AliExpress, it turned out to be the best price for me ($499 with free shipping to Russia, complete with handlebar, matte black) but the axles are not included. The seller of Seraph on AliExpress is very unfriendly.

Reiko1

I've almost finished my SPCycle GR058 build.  Frame took ages to come and then I ordered the wrong type of T47 (external when I needed internal).  Anyway, it's basically ready for a shakedown in time for the better weather.  Playing around with fit so ignore the swan-neck stem and upturned hoods.  I hate the size of the hydraulic hoods vs the old Ultegra 6800 ones I'm used to.

But the bike is fine, overall.  I thought toe overlap would be a major issue, but it isn't really (might be in winter mode with full 'guards on).  It came out at 8kg without pedals.  I've ordered some nylon M5s as there are so many (already rusting) bolts hanging to the frame that I'll save another 50gr here.  That's about 1kg less than my XC bike, I'm really interested how differently it rides on the same trails.

As others have said, paint looks good but is already flaky; facings & BB threads were clean and true, small parts of acceptable quality, semi-integrated has no sleeves but was alright to build.

If I like it enough I'll buy some Chinese carbon gravel wheels and Conti TerraSpeed tanwalls.  Proper ride report incoming.

gf

Great! i amore waiting the same frameset in skyblue color!
How long did you wait after spcycle had shipped the frame?
Thanks

Reiko1

It took two months from placing order to receipt in the UK.  Still worth it in my mind, the product is good.