Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 48117 times)

dinorello

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #450 on: May 17, 2024, 06:58:43 PM »
I know this is an old topic in this thread but personally I think a cool take on bike decals is to modify an existing manufacturer's decal into something funny. For example, "cannondale" can become "nondale" if you cut off the first 3 letters from the vinyl. I've taken a "mongoose" decal set and labeled my bike "goose" (complete with a goose head sticker on my headtube  ;D). I've seek "TREK" turned into "REKT". I've seen "Specialized" turned into "Special" as well as "Special ed" (a risky choice for sure). You could take "DOGMA" stickers and turn them into "DOG". The possibilities are endless, and that's just with standard factory stickers, not even getting into custom stickers.

Anyways. I think it's a fun idea, a way to put some graphic design on the bike that makes it look like a "real" bike while poking fun at the "unbranded" nature of these bikes. Just a thought for anyone here who wants some kind of decals but don't want to appear cringe.

Yeah but nah...prefer a nice color and design over any brand or spoffy goof brand

Stoemper

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #451 on: Today at 12:43:55 AM »
Yeah agree, the main reason I build up my own bike is because I get to design my own bike and not cycle around with some giant brand billboard ruining the aesthetics.