Author Topic: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset  (Read 3049 times)

c.etzo

Re: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2024, 08:15:47 AM »
What is the tool you used to install the lockring? I tried a old 20tooth square taper bbtool but it doesn't fit exactly.

Can you point me to the right tool?

can you post a photo of your lockring?

zerstorer

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2024, 08:43:51 AM »
I have a old 20tooth BB tool that I used to remove square taper cranks years ago.

It looks almost the same but the splines on the tool are slightly too thick. I have tried ordering another one to see

Serge_K

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2024, 05:14:50 AM »
3d printing may be your friend here. i have 3d printed a couple of strange tools to tighten various BBs. From memory, I think i need to print the tool to install a Moqai T47 BB, for example.
Thingiverse is likely to have the tool you need, then you simply have to print it. if you dont have a printer, make a friend, or find locally. it's become so common, it can't be expensive to have it printed. it costs me pennies to print such tools. Basic PLA is sufficient if you know what you're doing.

It's amazing that the shop selling these is incompetent to the point of not knowing what's needed for installation. Very hard to respect that level of incompetence.

zerstorer

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2024, 06:17:42 AM »
They keep recommending the Shimano tl-fc33 which is clearly for external splines where as the powermeter comes with internal spline lockring.

bmrk

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2024, 01:34:40 PM »
Any ride feedback for the crankset? Interested in stiffness, chainline, spacing and other issues.