Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 40572 times)

Dmgreen13

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2024, 05:48:34 AM »
I have just finished 600km and 7000m of climbing over 6 days on my frame riding to watch the Tour Down Under stages on some pretty poor road surfaces. So far the frame has performed above expectations.

laktattausch

« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2024, 06:13:51 AM »
I think they did a new fork design with changeable inserts. Picture from their last Facebook post:

Fleckinger

« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2024, 12:01:59 PM »
I think they did a new fork design with changeable inserts. Picture from their last Facebook post:

I'm guessing this is one of early versions, because if you look at the reviews on aliexpress - you will see, that the early models (until 2023 summer) came with inserts, and the newer models have glued thread.

ByAliTR

« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2024, 12:57:33 PM »
I have just finished 600km and 7000m of climbing over 6 days on my frame riding to watch the Tour Down Under stages on some pretty poor road surfaces. So far the frame has performed above expectations.

hi.How did he perform on the climbs, I'm curious about his reactions?

Did it give you a hard frame feeling?

Dmgreen13

« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2024, 01:45:37 AM »
hi.How did he perform on the climbs, I'm curious about his reactions?

Did it give you a hard frame feeling?

Not at all. It was actually really good, no frame flex at all but not a harsh ride. I was running 28mm tyres at 80psi.

Xelge

« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2024, 04:41:28 AM »
Hi guys,
took some time to build the bike mainly because I was missing components and because of lack of time. However, the weather here is anyway still too bad to ride it outside.

Bike weighs 7.3 kg including pedals and wahoo mount. Only the bottle cages are missing...so pretty much spot on 7kg without.

Only things that I still need to work on are:
- fine tune the shifting
- check if I like the brakes or if I swap them to the stock ltwoo ones. I like the silver look of the zrace but they still feel a little spongy compared to the ultegra brakes on my old bike. Maybe I just need to re-bleed them again, let's see.

The build-process was generally pretty simple. The only issue I had was that I needed tro drill out the whole for the di2 cable in the chainstay as it was not properly drilled inside.  I think there were some sharp edges inside so the cable didn't want to go through. The rest was straightforward.

I will wait with my first ride until we have dry conditions here  :)

Future updates to arrive at around 7kg ready to ride might be a lighter cassette (I use a 105 11-32 right now), lighter chain and maybe 140 rotor in the back.

joegal

« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2024, 07:19:49 AM »
Hi guys,
took some time to build the bike mainly because I was missing components and because of lack of time. However, the weather here is anyway still too bad to ride it outside.

Bike weighs 7.3 kg including pedals and wahoo mount. Only the bottle cages are missing...so pretty much spot on 7kg without.

Only things that I still need to work on are:
- fine tune the shifting
- check if I like the brakes or if I swap them to the stock ltwoo ones. I like the silver look of the zrace but they still feel a little spongy compared to the ultegra brakes on my old bike. Maybe I just need to re-bleed them again, let's see.

The build-process was generally pretty simple. The only issue I had was that I needed tro drill out the whole for the di2 cable in the chainstay as it was not properly drilled inside.  I think there were some sharp edges inside so the cable didn't want to go through. The rest was straightforward.

I will wait with my first ride until we have dry conditions here  :)

Future updates to arrive at around 7kg ready to ride might be a lighter cassette (I use a 105 11-32 right now), lighter chain and maybe 140 rotor in the back.

What wheels are those? Do I read DuraAce? But i havent seen DA wheels in that finish...

Xelge

« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2024, 09:16:46 AM »

What wheels are those? Do I read DuraAce? But i havent seen DA wheels in that finish...

Haha, busted! Those are Elitewheels Drive. I really like them since for me the raw carbon finish perfectly matches the finish of the frame but I didn't like the Drive decals. So I ordered them without decals and used the Dura-Ace decals wich are more subtle/classy if you ask me.

laktattausch

« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2024, 01:17:48 PM »
Mine also with Elite Drive. First 500km with the bike were satisfying

Xelge

« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2024, 01:30:41 PM »
Mine also with Elite Drive. First 500km with the bike were satisfying
Nice :) So at least two Hygge bikes with Drive wheels on the German roads!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2024, 02:50:42 AM »
Those glossy wheels are nice with the frame  :)

StevenC

« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2024, 08:00:00 AM »
My frame arrived on Friday and I built it up over the weekend.

First impressions are great, paint quality seems nice and internal finishing also looks nice.

Still waiting on Elitewheels Edge wheelset being delivered to finish properly.

Stephiso

« Reply #312 on: February 29, 2024, 11:25:58 AM »
My frame arrived on Friday and I built it up over the weekend.

First impressions are great, paint quality seems nice and internal finishing also looks nice.

Still waiting on Elitewheels Edge wheelset being delivered to finish properly.

@stevenC what 3d printed saddle are you using in your bike? The color looks amazing! Is that a custom color?

On my end i ordered a chameleon model S. Should be here early March and they were apparently out of stock so needs an extra week to build/paint the frame. They offered me other colors that were pretty ugly (but more expensive free of charge but I'm in no rush). Going to be building this with a 105 di2 from theproscloset during the close out sale last year.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 11:43:13 AM by Stephiso »

StevenC

« Reply #313 on: February 29, 2024, 11:54:17 AM »
@stevenC what 3d printed saddle are you using in your bike? The color looks amazing! Is that a custom color?

On my end i ordered a chameleon model S. Should be here early March and they were apparently out of stock so needs an extra week to build/paint the frame. They offered me other colors that were pretty ugly (but more expensive free of charge but I'm in no rush). Going to be building this with a 105 di2 from theproscloset during the close out sale last year.

Colour was available on their AliExpress store but the colour choices seem to have been narrowed down now. It looks great in the flesh, quite a bit of sparkle to it in the sun.

sbellote

« Reply #314 on: February 29, 2024, 02:02:42 PM »
beautiful bike!
I was gonna say it was the Ryet Aircode (pro stealth shape), I have the same one on my bike, end of march will be 1yr with it, it's comfortable and the quality is very nice, it's still same as new