Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 42999 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2023, 08:15:07 AM »
I'm 95% sure that what they mean is proprietary seatpost. Seen this on many different listings of different frames (specialized as in made specially for the frame)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also...

KalviDj

« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2023, 02:43:38 PM »
I'm 95% sure that what they mean is proprietary seatpost. Seen this on many different listings of different frames (specialized as in made specially for the frame)
Yes, I asked it  :'(

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2023, 07:30:35 AM »
Edit: removed post because of Hygge stealing my pictures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 02:55:06 PM by TidyDinosaur »

BalticSea

« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2023, 08:27:47 AM »
Looks very clean. How was the build experience with this frame?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2023, 08:55:32 AM »
Looks very clean. How was the build experience with this frame?

It was OK. Not much to report :)

It would be nice if they had supplied some grommets / stoppers for the cables. Now the cable of the rear and front derailleur and the rear brake just pass through a hole in the frame. I'll see if I can add some grommets to the front and read derailleur cable if I can find some.

The standard bolt with the fixing pin for the rear caliper was too long, so I had to use a shorter one I had lying around.

jonathanf2

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2023, 09:46:36 AM »
It was OK. Not much to report :)

It would be nice if they had supplied some grommets / stoppers for the cables. Now the cable of the rear and front derailleur and the rear brake just pass through a hole in the frame. I'll see if I can add some grommets to the front and read derailleur cable if I can find some.

The standard bolt with the fixing pin for the rear caliper was too long, so I had to use a shorter one I had lying around.

That's a slick looking frame! I'm tempted to pick one up and set it up with electronic shifters!

You didn't use a stopper for the rear? That will cause shift issues if the RD cable isn't held in place. My SPcycle frame was setup for Di2 and didn't come with an RD cable stopper. I couldn't find a stopper that would fit (smaller than normal), so I ended up using a Jagwire barrel rocket adjuster instead that did the trick.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2023, 10:03:32 AM »
You didn't use a stopper for the rear? That will cause shift issues if the RD cable isn't held in place. My SPcycle frame was setup for Di2 and didn't come with an RD cable stopper. I couldn't find a stopper that would fit (smaller than normal), so I ended up using a Jagwire barrel rocket adjuster instead that did the trick.

Well, it is full outer housing front to back, so I don't see the problem. Am I missing something? It would just look better to put a grommet around the hole in the frame where the cable exits...

jonathanf2

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2023, 10:33:55 AM »
Well, it is full outer housing front to back, so I don't see the problem. Am I missing something? It would just look better to put a grommet around the hole in the frame where the cable exits...

I thought you were using the plastic guide tubes internally. Just curious, you don't find using the full cable housing on the RD a bit stiff? Usually the supplied cable on Shimano rear derailleurs tend to be more flexy.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2023, 07:51:21 AM »
I thought you were using the plastic guide tubes internally. Just curious, you don't find using the full cable housing on the RD a bit stiff? Usually the supplied cable on Shimano rear derailleurs tend to be more flexy.

Yes, it is stiff, but since the frame is fully integrated I don't see any other way of routing than 1 cable from front to back with outer housing. There are no stops anywhere in the frame to stop the cable...

After a couple of indoor rides I have a better feeling of the frame. I had to replace the carbon seat by my standard seat to decrease the setback of the saddle (the carbon does not go forward far enough) and now my seat is in the most forward position possible... I could have seen this coming because the TFSA frame had the same and this had a less slack seattube angle... I am aware this problem will not impact a lot of people because I seem to like a more forward position than most (kneecap right above the pedal axle is too far back for me, so I set it a few cm more foreward)...

I have asked Hygge if they have a 0mm setback seatpost, but since there is non on their webshop I expect the answer to be no...

Edit: I also asked the Ali store that sells the Winow frame (same frame). There is no seatpost without setback for now, but if I order 100 they will design one  8)
Edit #2: Hygge also said they don't have it and suggested I search Aliexpress to find one that fits. But the ones I find are not the right size...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 09:04:44 AM by TidyDinosaur »

jonathanf2

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2023, 11:35:56 AM »
Yes, it is stiff, but since the frame is fully integrated I don't see any other way of routing than 1 cable from front to back with outer housing. There are no stops anywhere in the frame to stop the cable...

After a couple of indoor rides I have a better feeling of the frame. I had to replace the carbon seat by my standard seat to decrease the setback of the saddle (the carbon does not go forward far enough) and now my seat is in the most forward position possible... I could have seen this coming because the TFSA frame had the same and this had a less slack seattube angle... I am aware this problem will not impact a lot of people because I seem to like a more forward position than most (kneecap right above the pedal axle is too far back for me, so I set it a few cm more foreward)...

I have asked Hygge if they have a 0mm setback seatpost, but since there is non on their webshop I expect the answer to be no...

Edit: I also asked the Ali store that sells the Winow frame (same frame). There is no seatpost without setback for now, but if I order 100 they will design one  8)
Edit #2: Hygge also said they don't have it and suggested I search Aliexpress to find one that fits. But the ones I find are not the right size...

If you can't find a 0 setback seat post, I'd look into the Lexon/Ryet 3d printed saddles. The rails are quite thick and I've been able to move my saddle a bit more forward, passed the max limit. Since we're similar size/weight, I think you'll be able to do the same. If using a standard carbon saddle, another trick I found was wrapping the rails in electrical tape. It'll prevent slippage, you won't have to tighten the clamp as much and it'll reenforce the rails. Doing so allows you to also push the saddle a bit more forward.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2023, 02:59:57 PM »
I've already pushed my saddle as far forward as possible... Past the marks... All the carbon saddle i see seem to have a lot shorter rails in the back. My saddle is only 190gr,so not bad.

Today i noticed my Giant Power Pro powermeter also got damaged from the crash   >:( the left side does not register power any more and I can't use the right side only it seems... So searching for a new powermeter now...  :-\

WhityWhite

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »
@tidy

Did you get a coupon for that?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2023, 02:32:27 PM »
@tidy

Did you get a coupon for that?

Yeah, I saw it...  ::)
They just took my pics and used them without asking...  :-\

patliean1

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2023, 02:53:45 PM »

Complete rubbish practice right there...

jonathanf2

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2023, 05:24:12 PM »

Is this forum being stalked by the Chinese frames and parts manufacturers now? Not to mention all the AliEx bike YTers looking for ideas on their next videos?  ;D