Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 43197 times)

KalviDj

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2023, 06:10:39 AM »
Nice, keep us updated! Did you really get a 70€ coupon? Where did you find that?
Plenty of discounts and discount codes this week in AliExpress

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2023, 06:21:56 AM »
And another Hygge IG account has stolen my pictures... They have even made a reel from it this time...

BalticSea

« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2023, 08:09:12 AM »
Plenty of discounts and discount codes this week in AliExpress

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a new thread with compilation of deals of the on going sale? Hygge frame only shows 20€ off coupon, but some items seem to have a nice discount (i.e. Elitewheels Edge wheelset is around 540€ shipped)

CyclingDane

« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2023, 03:38:18 PM »
And another Hygge IG account has stolen my pictures... They have even made a reel from it this time...

I think there are just stoked to see their bikes in the hands of the consumers and what to show it off :)

CyclingDane

« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2023, 03:41:04 PM »
Hey guys.

I’m getting mine tomorrow.

Finally arrived in the country.

Bought the frame, wheels and 105 Di2.

Custom paint aswell.

Will keep you updated on the build

fabxyz

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2023, 04:55:04 PM »
Will keep you updated on the build

Is there any news about your build? How is the frame's general build quality?
How are the technical details solved on these typically crucial parts:
Seatpost and saddle clamp? Headset cone and cable routing? Fork/steerer safety?

On Instagram you announced a Youtube review coming soon? I'm really looking forward to it!

Benbenben

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2023, 10:17:17 AM »
Yes, I am also interested in a good review. I actually own a vbr218 that I find a bit too sluggish.

patliean1

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2023, 10:30:57 AM »
I actually own a vbr218 that I find a bit too sluggish.

What about the VB 218 did you find sluggish? You are not the only person to mention this. Last summer I said my VB 168 was sluggish, and the people here were not happy  :-X

Benbenben

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2023, 10:49:22 AM »
During sprints, I find it flexes vertically a bit too much and does not transfer power as it should. Also during fast rides and descents, I can feel the frame absorbing a lot of the road profile instead of staying reactive (if that makes sense). I am 185lbs and 6ft+, so not the lightest and my sprints will go around 1000w. I might push the frame to its limit, not sure.

Benbenben

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2023, 11:28:01 AM »
I still need to rebuild that bike with the replacement frame that was sent under warranty. The seat post area I showing small cracks. Maybe it will feel different and I would keep it for superflat rides. It still a super comfy bike.

Thats why I am looking at this Hygge, if decently stiff

patliean1

« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2023, 11:51:30 AM »
@TidyDinosaur

Yo any new updates on how bike feels?

WhityWhite

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2023, 11:49:23 PM »
Yeah...
@all

Do you think the Hygge is a good performance all-rounder like the giant tcr or the tarmac?
Or is the Hygge in first option for flat routes like the giant prople or the canyon aeroad?

Or which frame is a better performance allround race bike?
Speeder sc52, yishun 1058-D, or adapt at-b01? But they are all not available, cause my country, no stock, or no consumersale ☹️
For the yishun, i maybe see a chance.

Thank you for your reply   :)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 11:53:53 PM by WhityWhite »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2023, 01:19:37 AM »
I haven't done much km's on the bike but have done a 90km (flat) ride sunday.

The bike performs good and I don't really have complaints. I find the ride to be a little to harsh though. I think the frame and the handlebars are a lot stiffer than my previous TFSA frame (Wheels and tires are the same). I actually preferred the TFSA frame for the comfort. In a weird way I even like the look of the TFSA frame better (I have it on my indoor trainer now). The Hygge frame looks great, but I like the simple look of the TFSA (Tarmac SL6 clone).

I also still have heel strikes on the chainstays with this frame, even with the 5mm longer pedal axles, 1mm extra pedal spacer and I adjusted my cleats to have my heels further outward (not great for my knees I think).
I also regret getting a frame that has no 0-setback seatpost option... None of the carbon saddles have rails that are far enough to the back for them to fit for me.

So there is nothing wrong with the frame, but if I would have to choose again now, I think I would order the TFSA SL7 clone or the identical Delihea Tank Machine. Prices are about the same as the Hygge Model S and Delihea has some nice simple paint schemes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 01:32:15 AM by TidyDinosaur »

WhityWhite

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2023, 02:52:03 AM »
Do you have links for the delihea tank machine or the TFSA sl7 clone?
Are they still available at Aliexpress or do they have own websites?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2023, 02:57:39 AM »