Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 45544 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2023, 03:01:39 AM »
You can just search for them on Aliexpress  :)
Delihea: https://delihea.aliexpress.com/store/group/REST-II-TANK-Machine/3001063_10000001924870.html
TFSA: https://tfsa.aliexpress.com/store/group/JH-33-Disc-Full-Inner-cable/912068069_10000003201455.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.pcShopHead_6001028414123.1_2_6

One thing to add is that I did have problems with the seatpost slipping on the TFSA (and I am not alone in this). I did manage to solve it with some cloth tape on the seatpost, thread locker on the bolt and a lot of carbon paste. The Hygge seatpost just stays fixed as is with 5Nm torque.

One plus for the TFSA frame is that you can buy a replacement seatpost for the frame from multiple vendors and you can ask them for a 0-setback seatpost with less setback when you order the frame. TFSA did it for free. Delihea wanted 10USD extra I believe.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 03:12:08 AM by TidyDinosaur »

WhityWhite

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2023, 05:00:57 AM »
I have never heard of delihea....
Is there any experience here? Specifically also because of this frame?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2023, 05:09:09 AM »
I have never heard of delihea....
Is there any experience here? Specifically also because of this frame?

It is exactly the same frame as the TFSA frame I linked. They only give it a different coat of paint if I am correct.

You can find some reviews of the Delihea frames on youtube. Just use DuckDuckgo it.

KalviDj

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2023, 03:14:01 PM »
I haven't done much km's on the bike but have done a 90km (flat) ride sunday.

The bike performs good and I don't really have complaints. I find the ride to be a little to harsh though. I think the frame and the handlebars are a lot stiffer than my previous TFSA frame (Wheels and tires are the same). I actually preferred the TFSA frame for the comfort. In a weird way I even like the look of the TFSA frame better (I have it on my indoor trainer now). The Hygge frame looks great, but I like the simple look of the TFSA (Tarmac SL6 clone).

I also still have heel strikes on the chainstays with this frame, even with the 5mm longer pedal axles, 1mm extra pedal spacer and I adjusted my cleats to have my heels further outward (not great for my knees I think).
I also regret getting a frame that has no 0-setback seatpost option... None of the carbon saddles have rails that are far enough to the back for them to fit for me.

So there is nothing wrong with the frame, but if I would have to choose again now, I think I would order the TFSA SL7 clone or the identical Delihea Tank Machine. Prices are about the same as the Hygge Model S and Delihea has some nice simple paint schemes.
Repente Magnet and all SMP saddles have 80mm long rails, Ergon and the other models of Repente/Leonardi are 70mm and Selle Italia some models like Flite Boost are 75mm long

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2023, 09:15:45 AM »
So today I've done my 3rd ride with the frame. 120km group (6 people) ride.
- I'm now sure the frame is much stiffer than the TFSA frame I had. With my 28mm tires with 55 / 60 PSI, I feel every little bump in the road. So if you are looking for comfort... this is not the frame to get...
- For the moment there IS a problem with the seatpost slipping... Between the beginning of the ride and the end the seatpost went down about 1,5cm... And of course this scratched the seatpost...
Now I have upped the torque to 6Nm, cleaned the post and again added a lot of carbon paste AND put some mild threadlocker on the bolt. We'll see if this helps...

patliean1

« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2023, 10:49:16 AM »
Has anyone been able to find the following details below directly from Hygge?

-Location/Mailing/Shipping Address
-Factory Location
-Return Policy
-Warranty Information

Not even their "official" website has any company information or "About Us" page. Every single Chinese brand I've tested from VeloBuild, Dengfu, TanTan, Rinasclta, and Yinshun all the way up to Yoeleo/Winspace has this information easily available.

For myself who is constantly swapping frames this probably would not be a deal breaker. Especially for a $500 frame. However, for the general public I would be cautious. The first red flag was Hygge stealing TinyDinosaur's photos. I'm not questioning the legitimacy of their business but the details outline above is standard business practice. I would inquire about this if I were buying a frame.

Even popular AliExpress Chinese bike seller OG-Evkin has this information available on their official website.

joegal

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2023, 11:47:45 AM »

-Factory Location
-Return Policy
-Warranty Information

Not even their "official" website has any company information or "About Us" page. Every single Chinese brand I've tested from VeloBuild, Dengfu, TanTan, Rinasclta, and Yinshun all the way up to Yoeleo/Winspace has this information easily available.

For myself who is constantly swapping frames this probably would not be a deal breaker. Especially for a $500 frame. However, for the general public I would be cautious. The first red flag was Hygge stealing TinyDinosaur's photos. I'm not questioning the legitimacy of their business but the details outline above is standard business practice. I would inquire about this if I were buying a frame.

Even popular AliExpress Chinese bike seller OG-Evkin has this information available on their official website.

According to their facebook page, their mail adress is "sales@aisurfproducts.com". I did a quick googling session and I found their CEOs LinkedIn (https://cn.linkedin.com/in/aaron-luo), but could not find and more info on their mother company "A&I Enterprise Limited". Their main business seems to be surfboards, as their (dead) website was called "www.aisurfproducts.com".

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2023, 11:52:12 AM »

-Factory Location
-Return Policy
-Warranty Information

(Rant on) Yeah, and I learned the hard way that OG-Evkin warranty is worth nothing. Even worse: they will lie and play you for 6 weeks before ghosting you... (/rant off)

I am thinking maybe Winow sports is the producer or at least closer to the producer of the frame. When I informed about a 0-setback seatpost Hygge just said they do not have them. The seller of the Winow Sports frame asked me if I was a reseller and they could supply it when I would order 100 of them...

Here is the frame on the Alibaba site of Winow: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Product-FM236-Red-glossy-Hidden_1600862434667.html?spm=a2700.shop_plser.41413.2.62532281QMojoA

But hey, it is clear Hygge is reading this topic, so they should make an account and reply to us :)

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2023, 11:57:04 AM »

Dmgreen13

« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2023, 07:29:30 PM »
I've ordered one of these framesets to build up with LTwoo electronic 12 speed as my second road disc brake bike. Currently says has been shipped.  Once received I'll post about how it looks and critical areas such as steerer, bottom bracket and derailleur hanger.

I didn't think much about warranty as not sure on how much anything from Ali express would be honoured.

I'll be able to compare this against my current model Orbea Orca aero di2, and my older BH G6 and Orbea Orca both rim brake.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2023, 01:54:53 AM »
Looking at a similar design frame myself, how does the quite slack headtube angle make it feel? This is my only reservation about the geometry of this bike, so it'd be nice to hear what you have to say about it given you have first hand experience.

Well , I have only done about 300km with it until now so I don't have much experience with it. The steering is different than the TFSA frame, feels a little less direct and responsive BUT:
- It only has a 38cm handlebar vs the 40cm I had before... And I have the hoods angled inward.
- I have only recently started riding outdoor since I crashed and broke my collarbone 6 weeks ago, so I am more cautious.
So take my experience with a grain of salt...

The slack headtube does not feel like much of  problem. But had I known before I ordered (I did not pay attention to this) I probably would have gotten another frame. But it seems the top frames of Colnago also have similar headtube angles, so I guess it is not that big of a deal...

KalviDj

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2023, 02:08:35 AM »
I've ordered one of these framesets to build up with LTwoo electronic 12 speed as my second road disc brake bike. Currently says has been shipped.  Once received I'll post about how it looks and critical areas such as steerer, bottom bracket and derailleur hanger.

I didn't think much about warranty as not sure on how much anything from Ali express would be honoured.

I'll be able to compare this against my current model Orbea Orca aero di2, and my older BH G6 and Orbea Orca both rim brake.
When did you buy it? I'm still waiting since 21st august and is full black, so painting should be the reason...

Kermithimself

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2023, 02:44:29 AM »
Great thread, and great reading about the experiences done with the brand. Being a dane I was quite intrigued of the brand, and I'm quite close to pulling the trigger.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2023, 02:47:37 AM »
Great thread, and great reading about the experiences done with the brand. Being a dane I was quite intrigued of the brand, and I'm quite close to pulling the trigger.

Welcome  :)

Dmgreen13

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2023, 05:02:47 AM »
When did you buy it? I'm still waiting since 21st august and is full black, so painting should be the reason...

Ordered on 27 August, according to Ali express not due to be delivered until October 7. Will see how we go.