Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 42925 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2023, 06:17:46 AM »
I just found a new Ali store selling Hygge frames: "Hygge Flagship Store"

Dmgreen13

« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2023, 08:02:29 AM »
That's the one I ordered mine from. I spoke to them about it and they said they are the same company.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2023, 08:29:05 AM »
That's the one I ordered mine from. I spoke to them about it and they said they are the same company.

Yeah, that happens a lot it seems... I wonder why...

When the OG-Evkin store had been lying and deceiving (to) me about the warranty frame I emailed the official website for help as they had a completely different email-adress. But since they never got back to me (and I think they blocked me) I presume it is just the same store...

coffeebreak

« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2023, 10:15:48 AM »
All in all which one do you prefer, the TFSA or Hygge? The TFSA I had bookmarked is now $850. I hope they "correct" the price.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2023, 12:05:53 PM »
All in all which one do you prefer, the TFSA or Hygge? The TFSA I had bookmarked is now $850. I hope they "correct" the price.

If I would have too choose now, knowing what I know now, I would probably go for the Delihea Tank Machine (=TFSA SL7 clone frame).
Because of the following reasons:
  • The image I had of Hygge has taken somewhat of a hit since ordering:
    • They stole my pictures and put them on their IG page along with a couple of other Hygge related IG accounts. The main accounts removed them, but other account were rude, blocked me and are probably still using my pictures.
    • Opening multiple Aliexpress stores does not exactly scream "trustworthy" to me...
    • They profile them as the producer of the frame. I doubt this now...
    • The research of some fellow forum members has shown that behind the professional facade is some amateurish background
  • The frame is not really ideal for me because of the following:
    • The slack headtube
    • The chainstays are a little wide for me
    • It's a harsh ride
    • Suggested sizes of Hygge are extremely different from those of Winow Sports for the same frame. This leaves me wondering if I should have gone with a smaller size
    • No 0-setback seatpost
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 12:10:44 PM by TidyDinosaur »

patliean1

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2023, 12:55:24 PM »
Hygee, along with Tiny Dinosaur's experience, is a great example of why this forum is important.

Phase #1 - The forum organically generates excitement for a particular brand/frame/wheel.
Phase #2 - The company realizes there is hype around their products so they start increasing marketing.
Phase #3 - Customers start receiving their orders and offering feedback.
Phase #4 - This is usually the point that can make or break customer excitement and future orders.

Don't ever feel afraid to share your bad or even horror stories. The only way to hold companies accountable is by pubic feedback. But ONLY after you've made an attempt to resolve it privately with the company.

joegal

« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2023, 01:04:46 PM »

• The image I had of Hygge has taken somewhat of a hit since ordering:
    • They stole my pictures and put them on their IG page along with a couple of other Hygge related IG accounts. The main accounts removed them, but other account were rude, blocked me and are probably still using my pictures.

I must admit that the way they treated you after stealing your pictures is enough reason for me to not consider them in the future.

There a a lot of other nice frames out there. And if one would like to buy this exact frame, it probably would be better to buy directly from Winow.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2023, 01:52:45 PM »
I must admit that the way they treated you after stealing your pictures is enough reason for me to not consider them in the future.

There a a lot of other nice frames out there. And if one would like to buy this exact frame, it probably would be better to buy directly from Winow.
Thanks man  :)

But, to be honest, it is a nice frame and has a nice finish. So if it fits you, it might be a good choice.  :)

BalticSea

« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2023, 02:46:27 AM »

• Suggested sizes of Hygge are extremely different from those of Winow Sports for the same frame. This leaves me wondering if I should have gone with a smaller size

Regarding suggested sizes - I think Winow recommendations are off. I have FM368 frame on the way in size M and Winow recommends that frame for 180-188cm tall riders. Funny thing is that the frame is more or less same geometry as Tarmac SL7 and Spesh is recommends size 56 (aka L) for 178cm rider (their recommendations are known to be larger size than usual). So for the frame of same geometry one manufacturer offers size L while the other recommends size S
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 02:52:09 AM by BalticSea »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2023, 02:53:35 AM »
Regarding suggested sizes - I think Winow recommendations are off. I have FM368 frame on the way in size M and Winow recommends that frame for 180-188cm tall riders. Funny thing is that the frame is more or less same geometry as Tarmac SL7 and Spesh is recommends size 56 (aka L) for 178cm rider (their recommendations are known to be larger size than usual).

You're probably right. I always think my frames are too big for me, even though I have been carefully checking geometry and recommendations.

When ordering the SL6 clone I also checked the Specialized recommended size, and it is indeed 1 size more than I bought in the end. I got the 52 for my 172cm and the Specialized website recommended at least the 54. That would have been way too big for me...

BeR

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2023, 01:26:20 PM »
First of all, thank you for all the exchanges that I have read on this forum since months. I have learned a lot and it made me take the step of building my own bike.

For information, the first bike I built was the Ican A22. This allowed me to get my hands on this construction. I will always remember the hours spent routing cables  ;D.

I wanted to change the frame and I read the first exchanges of this post. So, I set my sights on the Hygge Model S. I'll post updates on my build (Shimano 105 Di2) progress through to completion and give my thoughts on this bike after riding it.

The first messages of this post were really positive but the last messages have nuanced all your enthusiasm. I hope to receive my frame (and the wheels ordered from Hygge as well) within two weeks.

The only thing I can say now is that the seller is very responsive and has always answered my questions, which inspires seriousness despite the doubts expressed in other messages and compared to Winow. I will be sure to keep you informed when I will receive the frame and wheels.

jonathanf2

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2023, 06:32:55 PM »
First of all, thank you for all the exchanges that I have read on this forum since months. I have learned a lot and it made me take the step of building my own bike.

For information, the first bike I built was the Ican A22. This allowed me to get my hands on this construction. I will always remember the hours spent routing cables  ;D.

I wanted to change the frame and I read the first exchanges of this post. So, I set my sights on the Hygge Model S. I'll post updates on my build (Shimano 105 Di2) progress through to completion and give my thoughts on this bike after riding it.

The first messages of this post were really positive but the last messages have nuanced all your enthusiasm. I hope to receive my frame (and the wheels ordered from Hygge as well) within two weeks.

The only thing I can say now is that the seller is very responsive and has always answered my questions, which inspires seriousness despite the doubts expressed in other messages and compared to Winow. I will be sure to keep you informed when I will receive the frame and wheels.

Just watermark your photos of your bike build before posting them online so they don't get used without your permission!  ;D

Dmgreen13

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2023, 07:31:59 PM »
It's interesting about them using photos without permission. I would more than happily allow them to use any photos I may post as long as they ask. If it is a good product I'd also happily recommend to others given some items are pretty hit and miss (particularly I have found with cycling clothing).

Can anyone recommend any cheap wheels? I would go with the Hygge wheels but am just not sure on the quality for that price point?

jonathanf2

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2023, 07:33:56 PM »
It's interesting about them using photos without permission. I would more than happily allow them to use any photos I may post as long as they ask. If it is a good product I'd also happily recommend to others given some items are pretty hit and miss (particularly I have found with cycling clothing).

Can anyone recommend any cheap wheels? I would go with the Hygge wheels but am just not sure on the quality for that price point?

If you wait for the next AliEx sale, these wheels were discounted:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804581390724.html

Dmgreen13

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2023, 11:19:35 PM »
They were the ones I was looking at but missed them on sale price last week. I don't really want to pay that price plus Aussie tax though.

On other news I received my frameset today so a month earlier than originally scheduled via Ali express and 11 days after ordering to Australia. Box was quite damaged but after unboxing and inspection all seems okay. So that's shipping companies roughness and not on Hygge as the frame was well wrapped and protected.

Ok initial inspection:
- both brake mounts seem to have been faced
- there is some play, very minimal, in both upper and lower headset bearings, however this should pull tight once plug is installed (I hope)
- finish looks good, one minor blemish on inside of chainstay on drive side where there looks to be a small area filled but other than that it's black on black carbon so has the raw carbon look
- steerer tube looks to be solid, no evidence of any fill used anywhere
- haven't tried bottom bracket yet.

I'll be a few weeks still before building up as I'm in a sling for another 4 weeks following shoulder surgery but will provide updates.