Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 42987 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2023, 05:02:24 AM »
Have you had any further issues with the seat post? I saw you said you went to 10nn, however someone in a comment on the Henry Chung YouTube review commented they did theirs to 6.5nm and it cracked the frame.  He hasn't said how it ended up with Hygge in terms of any replacement.

I just looked at the review on YT and there is no comment like what you said... Could it already be removed?

joegal

« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2023, 05:18:05 AM »
I just looked at the review on YT and there is no comment like what you said... Could it already be removed?

It was commented under this post:
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxr7VrOqzmj1AUAf-x3SFbZXlMgZYMVGU_

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2023, 05:22:29 AM »
It was commented under this post:
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxr7VrOqzmj1AUAf-x3SFbZXlMgZYMVGU_

OK, thanks. He has a lot of video's about the Hygge frame already  :) Did not see that one.

fabxyz

« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2023, 03:45:57 AM »
Could anyone measure the chainstay height at the flat mount mounting point?
I would like to make sure that I get the right screw length for the rear caliper.
Thanks a lot!

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2023, 04:19:03 AM »
Could anyone measure the chainstay height at the flat mount mounting point?
I would like to make sure that I get the right screw length for the rear caliper.
Thanks a lot!

20mm if I measured correctly. The standard Ultegra caliper bolt with the special tip for the circlips was too long. I used a shorter bolt I had lying around without the circlips

fabxyz

« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2023, 08:59:54 AM »
Thank you! Okay, my default Shimano screws are for 25mm I think, so that matches your observation.

BeR

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2023, 02:05:04 PM »
Thank you! Okay, my default Shimano screws are for 25mm I think, so that matches your observation.

Correct. it is 20mm.

BeR

« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2023, 02:21:52 PM »
I just received the frame. I will update regularly and debrief when it is assembled.

The package is well packaged and the setting and equipment are great.

For now, everything is perfect. I also ordered the wheels which were in the same package as the frame.

I am attaching some photos and the weight of the equipment in size M.

Communication with Hygge is perfect. They are very responsive and attentive.

BeR

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2023, 02:24:07 PM »
I just received the frame. I will update regularly and debrief when it is assembled.

The package is well packaged and the setting and equipment are great.

For now, everything is perfect. I also ordered the wheels which were in the same package as the frame.

I am attaching some photos and the weight of the equipment in size M.

Communication with Hygge is perfect. They are very responsive and attentive.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2023, 12:16:13 PM »
I'm really looking forward to other peoples experiences... I find the bike to be fairly instable especially at speeds above 35km/h... To the point of getting scary when descending...

Wondering if it maybe is the 380mm handlebar with the short 80mm stem...

PLA

« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2023, 12:42:04 PM »
Doesn't sound good.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 09:24:04 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2023, 01:04:18 PM »
Damn this bike sounds like absolute garbo

Nah, could be user error... That's why I'm looking forward to other reviews...

Dmgreen13

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2023, 04:24:39 PM »
Based on my experience it will be the 380 bar. I put a 380 wide bar on my BH G6 and found the same thing. Really twitchy and unstable when on the hoods, particularly descending. But when in drops was a lot more stable, and narrower so had the aero benefits for that.

I got a 380 for my Hygge build but haven't yet built it up as I'm stuck in a sling from shoulder surgery for another 2 weeks yet. Good thing about hygge bars is it's is 380 at the top and 400 in the drops. 

Do you feel more aero with a narrower profile? Noticed any speed difference on solo rides?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2023, 01:10:43 AM »
Based on my experience it will be the 380 bar. I put a 380 wide bar on my BH G6 and found the same thing. Really twitchy and unstable when on the hoods, particularly descending. But when in drops was a lot more stable, and narrower so had the aero benefits for that.

I got a 380 for my Hygge build but haven't yet built it up as I'm stuck in a sling from shoulder surgery for another 2 weeks yet. Good thing about hygge bars is it's is 380 at the top and 400 in the drops. 

Do you feel more aero with a narrower profile? Noticed any speed difference on solo rides?
Thanks for the feedback. I also have the shifters tilted inward quite a bit, so it could indeed be a combination of factors. I have adjusted te shifters now to be more straight. Let's see if that helps.

I rarely put my hands in the drops as I am not really comfortable with that. I just can't seem to reach the brake levers (i did already adjust them to be closer to the handlebars) good enough to give me confidence in braking when in the drops. Maybe I'll have to practice more.

I like the aero position and I do feel I am faster with it. But the previous bike ( I only rode it a month) had 40cm handlebars so not a big change and before that I rode my gravel bike on the road so no comparing there  ;D

PLA

« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2023, 01:57:12 AM »

I ride a 360 bar and feel perfectly fine on 60kmh descents, though. Doubt it's the bars.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.