Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 42992 times)

laktattausch

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2023, 02:02:57 AM »
Thanks for your replacement tips  :)

This is what I ordered so far:

laktattausch

« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2023, 02:04:28 AM »
This is only the price for the axles and caps - the pedals were my birthday present  ;D 8)

laktattausch

« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2023, 03:56:37 AM »
There is a Di2 Grommet for the SL7 seatpost - I ordered this and will try if it fits for the hygge seatpost.

Also I found SL7 seatposts with less offset on aliexpress - but I don't know if they will fit:

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004458997659.html
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005633578007.html

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 05:11:30 AM by laktattausch »

KalviDj

« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2023, 04:05:33 AM »
My build came out at 6.75 kg without handlebar tape. I've already ordered a seatpost clamp «upgrade» from Elita One , so we'll see what I can do to break the 6.8 kg limit.
Do you have link for the clamp upgrade? The one I found won't fit because are M5 x35 bolts and Hygge seatpost uses M6x40 bolts
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 04:14:04 AM by KalviDj »

laktattausch

« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2023, 03:20:23 AM »
This one is with M6 Bolts, i ordered one but don't know if it will fit:
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005284645155.html

Fleckinger

« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2023, 04:01:31 PM »

I received the frameset, black with laser decals, size XS(46). The frame weight without all hardware is 963g, the fork without the axle is 353g, the seatpost without seat clamp 133g (clamp 67g), and the handlebar 328g (360*110mm).

Frame looks good, but has some small imperfections under the coating, and some small area of rough surface in headset, but besides that all feels nice and smooth. I think it's a good quality for this price (around 550 USD with shipping).

Now about the issues:

1)  Antislip coating not applied at the last 5 cm of the seatpost, and if your seatpost exposed less than 18cm from frame - the seatpost clamp will not be in contact with antislip coating.

2) Seat clamp nuts are made from some soft aluminium, and i had experience with this type of thing, steel bolts just destroys thread in this type of aluminium, and i already ordered titanium version. Sizes are M6 10x14mm and M6 10x20mm.

3) One of the rivet nuts in handlebar installed at an angle, and head unit mount looks slightly to the right when bolts are tightened. I think i can fix it by erasing part of the mount with sandpaper, so bolt will have more space.

4) The fork steerer tube not perfectly round, and has some deviation in wall thickness, around 0.3 mm, and expander plug fits very snug. But maybe it's just this plug.

5) Some aluminium bolts has inconsistent quality. Steel bolts are ok.

If you are interested in more photos, here are links:
Frame photos https://imgur.com/a/mMdOfu0
Frame and parts weight https://imgur.com/a/qxBMj7H

« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 01:04:14 AM by Fleckinger »

patliean1

« Reply #261 on: December 13, 2023, 05:58:44 PM »

3) One of the rivet nuts in handlebar installed at an angle, and head unit mount looks slightly to the right when bolts are tightened. I think i can fix it by erasing part of the mount with sandpaper, so bolt will have more space.

Over the years I've developed a high tolerance for cheap Chinese frame quirks: Rough edges underneath the headset bearing cups, poorly faced caliper mounts, and even questionable paint overspray.

But poorly installed rivet nuts is not one of them. Especially for the handlebar computer mount. I was ready to break my laptop after seeing your photo. That one small infraction just reeks of poor quality and/or QC. I haven't been too thrilled with Hygee which is why I haven't inquired about a frameset yet.

Fleckinger

« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2023, 09:25:45 AM »
Over the years I've developed a high tolerance for cheap Chinese frame quirks: Rough edges underneath the headset bearing cups, poorly faced caliper mounts, and even questionable paint overspray.

But poorly installed rivet nuts is not one of them. Especially for the handlebar computer mount. I was ready to break my laptop after seeing your photo. That one small infraction just reeks of poor quality and/or QC. I haven't been too thrilled with Hygee which is why I haven't inquired about a frameset yet.

Yea, poorly faced caliper mounts, which requires special tool or bike mechanic (and money) to solve, is almost the same as slightly tilted computer mount, which requires some sandpaper to solve. As far as I can tell you are already have some tolerance to sandpaper, and poorly faced caliper mounts seems to me just as much evidence of poor quality control.
You've already faced with rubbing headset cover on your Yishun, which means that the manufacturer either has low tolerances or has not checked compatibility at all.
I'm not trying to defend hygge, but the need to use some sandpaper is normal for Chinese frames at that price. And I don't understand, why tilted rivet nut got you so angry.

Dmgreen13

« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2023, 06:04:14 PM »
I had none of those issues with my frame. The mount has tolerance in it to allow it to be adjusted slightly each way. No issues at all with brakes as both had been surfaced.

Fleckinger

« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2023, 01:17:29 AM »
I had none of those issues with my frame. The mount has tolerance in it to allow it to be adjusted slightly each way. No issues at all with brakes as both had been surfaced.

Cutout in my mount is so narrow, that it takes some effort to insert the bolts. But on the ends of the cutout they slips without effort. Perhaps the cut just isn't perfectly straight.
I set the mount to full extension and you can judge for yourself how serious this problem is.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2023, 11:18:11 AM »
My mount also does not line up with the print on the handlebar. Don't know if the problem is the print or the mount  ::)

AbsolutKen

« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2023, 06:03:46 PM »
My frame is arriving soon hope it won’t have any issue  :'(

PLA

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2023, 07:11:42 PM »
I was ready to break my laptop after seeing your photo.

May Allah have mercy on its soul

Okay

« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2023, 11:42:16 PM »
There's a new review on Hygge, this time by a supposedly more experienced reviewer. In his two videos, he brilliantly pointed out all the flaws in the production of those cheap Chinese frames: voids around the head tube, low-quality paint, and so on. The only difference is that the frame he showcased without a handlebar costs a whopping $1600. I hope no laptops were harmed during the filming.  ;D

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2023, 11:59:20 PM »
There's a new review on Hygge, this time by a supposedly more experienced reviewer. In his two videos, he brilliantly pointed out all the flaws in the production of those cheap Chinese frames: voids around the head tube, low-quality paint, and so on. The only difference is that the frame he showcased without a handlebar costs a whopping $1600. I hope no laptops were harmed during the filming.  ;D
Link?