Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 43127 times)

repoman

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2023, 09:38:23 AM »
Anyone know what sort of max tire width is? Spec says 28mm, wondering if it is a bit larger as typical.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2023, 09:46:49 AM »
Anyone know what sort of max tire width is? Spec says 28mm, wondering if it is a bit larger as typical.

My 28's measure 30,5mm. There is space to go one size up in the rear, but in the front it's almost maxed out.

There are some comments in this youtube video comments section about tire size. 32mm (real size) seems to be the absolute max for front.
So if you've got wide rims, 28 front (tire size, not measured) and 30mm back might be the safe bet.

https://youtu.be/LmtTsbBcm_s?si=Ppq_9Ulk6qU18Ied
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:55:29 AM by TidyDinosaur »

ByAliTR

« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2023, 09:49:37 AM »
Hello.

I also bought a hygge cadre set. yet at the shipping stage. it is generally mentioned that the cadre is hard.

I ordered by trusting the comments. I hope it is a very hard frame.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:53:23 AM by ByAliTR »

landy88

« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2023, 10:30:35 AM »
32 front and back is possible with conti GP 5000. Front has very litte clearance. i am now running 28 front and 30 rear, what looks better in my opinion.

for the frame holes with di2 i was searching quite a bit and used the following:
https://r2-bike.com/SRAM-Rahmenstopfen-Frame-Plug-63-mm-65-mm-1-Stueck

modified with hole for cable, they fit perfekt front and rear.

AbsolutKen

« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2023, 04:12:52 AM »
Here is some of my photos just to share around l.
Have not build it yet.

Want to check with you guys how you all stuff the DI2 battery at the seat post and make it stay?

This is my first time building a bike

hahel

« Reply #275 on: December 22, 2023, 08:47:43 AM »
Here is some of my photos just to share around l.
Have not build it yet.

Want to check with you guys how you all stuff the DI2 battery at the seat post and make it stay?

This is my first time building a bike

Lacking a dedicated batteryholder, iv'e used some of the foam material that the frame usually is wrapped with.
Wrap around the battery to get a snug/press fit in the seatpost.

Xelge

« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2023, 05:03:41 PM »
Hi guys,

I ordered the Hygge frame a month ago and yesterday it already arrived in Germany, although it was expected to arrive beginning of February. At first glance all looks pretty good, no obvious defects.
One small issue I came across…I tried to mount the bottom bracket as a small test but could not screw it in at first try (it’s a token triple8 for SRAM GXP). Anyone of you had problems with the BSA threads?
Will try it again when I come back home from Christmas holiday

Fleckinger

« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2023, 12:02:53 AM »
I didn't have any issues with bottom bracket thread. Everything was nice and smooth.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2023, 12:06:57 AM »
I didn't have any issues with bottom bracket thread. Everything was nice and smooth.

Same here

Xelge

« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2023, 02:56:48 AM »
 Thanks for the info guys.
Had a quick look in the morning, tried it again and now it works smoothly :)

Will build it up throughout January. I already got most of the parts, only one important thing is missing…the groupset. I want to stay 11 speed so I can swap wheels easily from my other bike plus I already got the 11 speed sram red crankset. Probably going to buy the er9 but I am still wondering if I should maybe wait a little and see if the wheeltop group will be officially launched soon…

AbsolutKen

« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2023, 03:59:19 AM »
Hello newbie here, wanna check with you guys how much gap is needed between the top of the stem and expander plug? Wanna confirm this before I cut my fork

Xelge

« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2023, 10:55:14 AM »
I haven’t cut mine yet but maybe check henrychungs build on YT. I think he shows the way how he cut the fork.

Anyone replaced most of the standard screws with titanium screws and can provide an overview of the screw types, especially for stem and saddle?

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2024, 06:07:02 PM »
I am confused by your statement about the cockpit being flexible.
People write a fair amount of positive feedback on the "the one pro", kecevlo, etc. handlebars which are all the same as the one you got.

Maybe the Lack of siffness correlates with your headset Player issue and your high spacer stack.

Do the others have some additional feedback on the handlebars? I am thinking about getting a set.

I have the Kocevlo cockpit (40cm width, 120 stem) and it's super stiff. I raced crits on it all year. And I have a pretty decent sprint around 1,600W and weigh 85kg. Zero concerns about stiffness.

For the owners of the Hygge frame, how stiff is it? I'm looking for something super stiff.

laktattausch

« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2024, 03:11:56 AM »
Nearly finished my build.

Final result will come at the end of this week.

Goal sub 7kg will be reached - any tips to save some weight?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 03:16:57 AM by laktattausch »

KalviDj

« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2024, 04:10:44 AM »
Speedplay Comp pedals + Titanium upgrade kit (
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EG9zrtj) ~150g
Which carbon clamp did you get? I bought this one but the bottom part don't fit properly the gap of the seatpost