Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 34011 times)

rockerplates.de

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2024, 11:08:06 AM »
Idk how it is to deal with Ltwoo directly. What i do know is that dealing with my reseller is torture.
well,
they only respond if you order, otherwise, you are ghosted.
They basically do not care if problems occur..they fail sending me documents...we offered to translate the app to germany, no response.
They promised so many things which did not happen....
i am selling off my grt stock for low prices...if anyone wants a groupset, i will offer better than aliexpress prices including shipping, i just want to get rid of them..even mechanic groupsets work fine...

Nomuetze

« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2024, 11:54:57 AM »
BTW…
Concerning customer service…
I did email wheeltop directly and they responded in less than 24hours!
just for info

Serge_K

« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2024, 12:08:44 PM »
well,
they only respond if you order, otherwise, you are ghosted.
They basically do not care if problems occur..they fail sending me documents...we offered to translate the app to germany, no response.
They promised so many things which did not happen....
i am selling off my grt stock for low prices...if anyone wants a groupset, i will offer better than aliexpress prices including shipping, i just want to get rid of them..even mechanic groupsets work fine...

That's bad. With a beta product, you have to have an open communication with the manufacturer, otherwise it's not beta, it's just shit.
That behavior is potentially a bigger red flag than the failure rates of their groups themselves.

toxin

« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2024, 05:33:15 PM »
I really wonder why Joe hasn't made a Wheeltop video yet, I know he has one.

Tijoe

« Reply #289 on: May 27, 2024, 08:44:38 PM »
Prepped last night for a longer ride today.  Bike shifted fine. App stated 90% battery for both batteries.   Today, started my ride and the front derailleur wouldn't shift, Rode the about 60 miles in the small chainring.    When I got home, I removed the CR2032 button battery.  Voltage measured .87 volts.  Installed a new battery and all is well.  I recommend replacing the "Lynkcell" brand CR2032 battery with high quality Batteries.   Who would think that with only 500 miles on the EDSTX kit, the button battery would be bad. 

vince23

« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2024, 06:10:51 AM »
Is the EDS TX coming with pre installed brake pads?

And also: my frame only supports 140mm front and back discs. Will this be compatible with the EDS TX?

Nomuetze

« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2024, 06:45:37 AM »
Yes….and
Yes

Pads installed
And both front adapters 160/140 in the box

also all lines filled with mineral oil…
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 06:50:11 AM by Nomuetze »

vince23

« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2024, 08:15:46 AM »
Yes….and
Yes

Pads installed
And both front adapters 160/140 in the box

also all lines filled with mineral oil…

oh wow really also pre filled with mineral oil? I thought i'd need to bleed it myself.

Is there any go to brand for disc brakes from china? I need a 6 hole 140mm disc...

Tijoe

« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2024, 10:29:47 AM »
Except....   Yes, they come with prefilled mineral oil, but my rear hydraulic hose was about 80mm to short, for my bike, so I had to put on a longer hydraulic hose and completely bleed the rear caliper/lever chamber.   

mux

« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2024, 03:43:27 PM »
Did they increase the price of these units substantially since release? I saw some earlier videos where folks said they purchased the groupset for 500$ ish.

kbernstein

« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2024, 03:45:24 PM »
toxin claimed on WW a while back the RD could clear 40T, but are there real world reports on this?

toxin

« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2024, 04:12:49 PM »
Customer review on the official site claims he tested it with no issues

Tijoe

« Reply #297 on: Today at 08:53:15 AM »
Did they increase the price of these units substantially since release? I saw some earlier videos where folks said they purchased the groupset for 500$ ish.

I paid around $600 USD with using Eliexpress discounts, coupons and coins,  for a hydraulic kit on March 18th.  I recall seeing the cable brake version priced at $500 but they were listed as "not Available"   

Therefore I concluded, that there has been around a $50 increase since they first became available on Aliexpress.  Hopefully by the 11-11 sale, prices with be lower than I paid, and I can purchase another set.