Author Topic: Any idea of Serenadebikes carbon wheelset?  (Read 199 times)

serenadebikes

• Do your job and make good carbon fiber bike wheels
    • View Profile
Any idea of Serenadebikes carbon wheelset?
« on: May 14, 2024, 02:24:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am Candy,

Been working on carbon fiber bicycle parts since 2005,

I have been diving in the forum for a long time. Everyone has a very cost-effective bike. Congratulations to everyone.

I will show some photos of our (serenade bike) carbon fiber wheels here, hoping to have more friends and accept criticism and improvement opinions.

Customized carbon bicycle wheelset, www.serenadebikes.net

serenadebikes

• Do your job and make good carbon fiber bike wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea of Serenadebikes carbon wheelset?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 02:32:13 PM »
1228g, 40mm road wheels,  29 x 21 x 40mm asymmetrical clincher.
Customized carbon bicycle wheelset, www.serenadebikes.net

PLA

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:50:54 AM »
Mustn't be diving too deep in the forum if you don't know people want wider rims in 2024. They'd be nice wheels in 2021.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Sebastian

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:30:34 AM »
I'll chime in here.
I've done 3000k on this set of Serenade Wheels.
They market this as their Allroad/Gravel wheels but I think it really is basically a modern road wheelset.
55deep/31wide/25internal, DT Ratchet style straight pull hubs compatible with DT Swiss freehubs, Pillar Wing 20 spokes (24 front and back) and aluminium nipples, 1450g total weight. I bought them with hooked sidewalls, but they're also available in hookless if that's what you want.

The pictures show these with 28mm Vittoria Corsas. They come up just shy of 31mm on these wheels and form a nice transition between rim and tire, as you can see. Performance wise, they're fast. I paid roughly 480 EUR including shipping and taxes and I think this is all the wheelset you could ever ask for for that kind of money.
The only thing I can criticize is the hubs. I rode these through a very wet winter. The bearings in the front hub started sounding rough in very little time. They turned out to be basically dry with no grease, so they corroded quickly. I replaced them with a set of high quality SKF bearings. The wheels roll fine ever since. The rear hub bearings are still smooth.
But I think if you wanted a tad more performance, you should opt for better hubs. Serenade offers all kinds of hub choices including genuine DT Swiss hubs.
Also, I think Centerlock is a useless standard. The rotors are more expensive. The fitment is not a good as 6 bolt. Just my personal opinion. If I was given the choice again, I'd probably go with 6 bolt interface hubs.

Buying experience with Serenade was OK but not stellar. While pricing is good, the communication was a bit lacking at times. That's one thing I'd recommend you guys improve on. I only really received updates when asking. They were quick to answer any questions upon ordering and VERY SLOW to answer questions on delivery, once the payment was made. That's a bit of a pattern with a lot of chinese sellers IME.

All in all, I can recommend SERENADE. Please note: I was told that they are a reseller rather than a manufacturer, sourcing their parts from all kinds of factories. Maybe you can tell us more about that here.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:35:41 AM by Sebastian »