Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 4743 times)

Nomuetze

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2024, 05:53:46 AM »
A bit much of negativity here…blaming companies to make money especially when considering the „mark up” of western brands. Which most likely have the same origin in the Eastern.
Anyways…from my perspective here in Europe…
PP prices are all incl. … so no more charges for shipment and taxes.
And here, US brands are also insanely overpriced e.g. Spec. and SRAM…so

Besides that I had a very positive experience dealing with PP.

And the Tavelo Attack … or Adept frame is sold here under western branding for 9000$ Dura Ace equi.

the chinacycling YT about Shanghai bike show and the people behind the brands was very interesting regarding their goals and visions.
Cheers

Ludo

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2024, 06:43:40 AM »
I think PP offers value mainly on the QC aspect and communication after that it’s up to each individual to decide what is the value of service and if it aligns with PP mark up. The problem is that in a depressed used market or even brand new with 50% off being the rage, the value proposition of chiner built is a lot harder to justify especially once considering resale value.

Serge_K

« Reply #62 on: Today at 02:26:40 AM »
I think PP offers value mainly on the QC aspect and communication after that it’s up to each individual to decide what is the value of service and if it aligns with PP mark up. The problem is that in a depressed used market or even brand new with 50% off being the rage, the value proposition of chiner built is a lot harder to justify especially once considering resale value.

QC: Panda podium inspects themselves every item they sell? There's no way, right?

Ludo

« Reply #63 on: Today at 05:44:47 AM »
The frames, that’s what I gathered from one of his video…

Serge_K

« Reply #64 on: Today at 06:08:19 AM »
The frames, that’s what I gathered from one of his video…

It might be true but I highly doubt it for various reasons. It it doesn't clearly say on the website you can safely assume that they don't.

Takiyaki

« Reply #65 on: Today at 06:30:16 AM »
A bit much of negativity here…blaming companies to make money especially when considering the „mark up” of western brands. Which most likely have the same origin in the Eastern.
Anyways…from my perspective here in Europe…
PP prices are all incl. … so no more charges for shipment and taxes.
And here, US brands are also insanely overpriced e.g. Spec. and SRAM…so

Besides that I had a very positive experience dealing with PP.

And the Tavelo Attack … or Adept frame is sold here under western branding for 9000$ Dura Ace equi.

the chinacycling YT about Shanghai bike show and the people behind the brands was very interesting regarding their goals and visions.
Cheers
I don't think people are being overly negative, just objectively questioning the value of these frames.

For example I just ordered a TanTan frame set. For $800 or whatever with custom paint etc. I'm OK with being pretty much on my own for support and losing damn near all the frame's value on resale. Western brands bikes are already hurting value wise- how much do you think a $2000+ lesser known Chinese brand frame will go for on the used market? It's kind of a false economy IMO

Nomuetze

« Reply #66 on: Today at 07:37:19 AM »
Maybe reselling is a point….however not for me…and besides that I would never buy a used carbon frame.
It‘s just nearly impossible so judge, what „went“ into it…
But hey…it’s all about everybody’s own preferences….
I just find it awkward to blame Chinese companies for evolving into kind of their own boutique styles and brandings.
With all it’s downsides…
…maybe we see a Tour Team sponsored by a Chinese bike company in some 3-5 years…at least that’s what their visions seem to be