Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 27258 times)

biceryder

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2024, 10:04:17 AM »
I haven’t tried yet.  Just using an old Garmin 530.

Went on a 100k group ride yesterday.  Not the fastest group but did a lot of gear changes.  Mostly an endurance ride for me.  The EDS performed pretty well for the most part.  I did encounter two issues that I’m going to address this week.

1:  When I shift in the middle gears of the cassette there is some “noise/clicking” when I shift down.  Its almost like it doesn’t settle into the gear.  However, if I shift past it and then back up it goes away.  I’m going to play with micro adjust feature and see if I can’t fix it.

2:  At about the 80-85k mark the group started surging on a hill.  I was in the middle of the pack and shifted to maintain my cadence and match the group’s speed.  There was a loud metallic “pop” in the back.  I was shifting under load but not putting down crazy power.  I sounded like it came from the cassette.  Now real change in how it was functioning but I was concerned enough that I pulled off the group and rode in with a much smaller group the last 15k.  It shifted fine the rest of the way but I need to inspect the cassette and chainring for any broken teeth.  FWIW, all the components are brand new.  I’m hoping it was just a skipped gear or something.

Linsook

« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2024, 01:09:53 PM »
Thoughts on shifter forward play?  For me, It would have been nice if that movement wasn't there but not a deal breaker.

Youtu.be/EnTpydWnZEY
youtu.be/GJAumV2gOCs

Tijoe

« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2024, 03:54:54 PM »
Thoughts on shifter forward play?  For me, It would have been nice if that movement wasn't there but not a deal breaker.

Youtu.be/EnTpydWnZEY
youtu.be/GJAumV2gOCs

I never even noticed that the brake levers can be moved forward.  Non issue to me.  The levers are always where they need to be when I brake and shift.

jonathanf2

« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2024, 04:34:55 PM »

Youtu.be/EnTpydWnZEY
youtu.be/GJAumV2gOCs

Both my Ultegra and LTwoo ER9 levers do that. If you adjust your lever reach, there will be slight play. Not really a big deal.

kvnp

« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2024, 06:30:50 PM »
Hi,

I have a question for the current owners of this groupset.

I haven't installed the groupset on my bike yet, but I would like to know if your rear derailleur (RD) was stuck on the 3rd gear when you initially set it up.

Here's my issue:
- I can't shift to the first or second gear when I am on the biggest chainring.
- I can shift to any gear when I am on the smallest chainring.

For context, I am configuring the groupset to work with a 12-speed cassette.

I saw that a similar issue was addressed in a previous post, but I wanted to know if it is normal to have this problem if the groupset is not installed on a bike.

Cheers

biceryder

« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2024, 08:20:14 PM »
You said, “I haven’t installed the groupset on my bike yet.”  I’ m a bit confused by this if you’re having problems.  Can you clarify?

For me, running 11spd, on initial set up/calibration you set the RD to the smallest cog (with or without the chain).  Once that is done you visually align the jockey wheels with the smallest cog using the limit screws.  Test the shifting and ensure the limit screw doesn’t allow for an overshift. From there you should be able cycle through the cog and set the high limit. Theoretically, it should work all just fine but you can adjust specific cog through the fine tuning feature.

FWIW, I’m still putting the miles/kms on my EDS to determine its reliability.  So far, I like it.  No issues with being stuck in a gear.

toxin

« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2024, 12:46:41 AM »
Hi,

I have a question for the current owners of this groupset.

I haven't installed the groupset on my bike yet, but I would like to know if your rear derailleur (RD) was stuck on the 3rd gear when you initially set it up.

Here's my issue:
- I can't shift to the first or second gear when I am on the biggest chainring.
- I can shift to any gear when I am on the smallest chainring.

For context, I am configuring the groupset to work with a 12-speed cassette.

I saw that a similar issue was addressed in a previous post, but I wanted to know if it is normal to have this problem if the groupset is not installed on a bike.

Cheers

That's cross chaining protection

Nomuetze

« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2024, 01:14:29 AM »
And you should be able to disable this crosschain protection in the app.
I set it up for 11sp…and sometimes it might be necessary so increase the values which are standard setup.
eg…for my edco 11sp I had to up the value of the 11th gear from (~) 1760 to 1840, so the derailleur was able to reach
the full range….
Since that initial fine tune I had not a single misshift or whatsoever on my gravel bike….setup with 46/30 oval 11-34sp
And btw….support very responsive!

toxin

« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2024, 02:32:41 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C7CYOmBPm0S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wheeltop EDS GX will be officially launched in June 2024! Stay tuned for more updates on several new product launches!

Wheeltop EDS GX for gravel bike

Continuing the TX platform architecture, to adapt to harsher environments such as forest roads, we have optimized damping strength and introduced controllable technology for a more varied riding experience. We've retained the TX speed shift, improving chain line stability, and providing strong performance, and reliable strength to help you navigate forest and narrow roads confidently.

SHARK RIDGE

Inspired by sharks, this product is designed for forest roads and gravel terrain, featuring aggressive diagonal segment lines to enhance impact resistance.

With a hidden limit screw adjustment mechanism and external fairing, we've enhanced aerodynamic performance and impact resistance, ensuring readiness for any terrain.

Efficient space arrangement allows for hiding within the frame, with a distance of only 25.5mm between the high point and the frame, significantly increasing performance on forest and narrow roads.

Three buttons offer customizable settings (accessible via the WHEEL TOP APP), tailored to your riding preferences, reducing learning costs and adding a personalized touch to your riding equipment.

Linsook

« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2024, 03:09:48 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C7CYOmBPm0S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wheeltop EDS GX will be officially launched in June 2024! Stay tuned for more updates on several new product launches!

Wheeltop EDS GX for gravel bike

Continuing the TX platform architecture, to adapt to harsher environments such as forest roads, we have optimized damping strength and introduced controllable technology for a more varied riding experience. We've retained the TX speed shift, improving chain line stability, and providing strong performance, and reliable strength to help you navigate forest and narrow roads confidently.

SHARK RIDGE

Inspired by sharks, this product is designed for forest roads and gravel terrain, featuring aggressive diagonal segment lines to enhance impact resistance.

With a hidden limit screw adjustment mechanism and external fairing, we've enhanced aerodynamic performance and impact resistance, ensuring readiness for any terrain.

Efficient space arrangement allows for hiding within the frame, with a distance of only 25.5mm between the high point and the frame, significantly increasing performance on forest and narrow roads.

Three buttons offer customizable settings (accessible via the WHEEL TOP APP), tailored to your riding preferences, reducing learning costs and adding a personalized touch to your riding equipment.

Reads like it can be paired with TX shifters.  Nice.

kbernstein

« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2024, 03:20:07 PM »
Inspired by sharks? The chinese are now doing meaningless bullshit marketing, they are learning so fast!
Is it 1x only?  :( No word on clearance or capacity, would be nice if you could purchase the gravel RD with road levers and FD and run something like 50-34 11-42

toxin

« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2024, 03:54:34 PM »
Can already run that, probably going up to mtb sizes

raisinberry777

« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2024, 04:30:04 PM »
Inspired by sharks? The chinese are now doing meaningless bullshit marketing, they are learning so fast!
Is it 1x only?  :( No word on clearance or capacity, would be nice if you could purchase the gravel RD with road levers and FD and run something like 50-34 11-42

Looking at the model names, there will be 'GS' and 'SGS' versions of both the carbon and aluminium rear derailleurs. Clearly they're ripping off Shimano's MTB/gravel naming scheme here, where 'GS' is a medium cage and 'SGS' is a long cage.

The models listed are:
GX-RX6700-GS
GX-RX6700-SGS
GX-RX7701-GS
GX-RX7701-SGS

In Shimano's latest 12-speed GRX (for example), the GS supports up to a 10-45 cassette, and SGS is used for 10-51. Looks like a similar scheme will be used here.

There's also a TX-R7101-SGS derailleur mentioned there - TX is for road, but SGS is long cage. It might be that this is a wide-range 2x option.

toxin

« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2024, 07:02:14 PM »
6000 are rim brake models

GS is the tag for the current mechs

In practice GX probably simply means 1x and TX 2x

jonathanf2

« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2024, 07:04:46 PM »
There's also a TX-R7101-SGS derailleur mentioned there - TX is for road, but SGS is long cage. It might be that this is a wide-range 2x option.

If it's a 2x gravel electronic groupset, I'm sold. I hate 1x. I prefer riding to the trails which requires doing road miles beforehand. I find driving to a trail just to ride a bike to be incredibly lame. Probably accounts for why most of MTB'ers I see in my area are switching to e-bikes to make up for their lack of fitness!