Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 44267 times)

c74

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2024, 06:26:18 AM »
Tracking, naah, not until the last 36hrs of the delivery. Tracking page said parcel was registered but not yet recieved, then the last stages in Europe it was all good. The parcel took 20 days to get to Stockholm / me after registration with the carrier (DHL).

ausmtb8989

« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2024, 06:49:00 AM »
Here, teaser pic...
nice how much overall?

rasch

« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2024, 10:21:37 AM »
Here, teaser pic...

Cool. Super nice. Thought about that colour too.

Did you have to pay for the logo or as it was theirs they didn't charge you?

c74

« Reply #393 on: April 28, 2024, 12:37:33 AM »
Pricing.
LC had a introduction rate of the frame, so I ended up paying 955USD inc. shipping and VAT.
That included custom design, ie paint job, with decals. Proper decal job, no stickers.
Separate handlebar+stem, seat post, axles, headset, plus additional extra DH, extra head set inc. spacers.

Spent most day in the garage yesterday. Building experience is good, really, the only issue so far is internal cable routing. Edges (entry/exit) of holes are a bit rough.
After building several bokes with a SWORKS logo on it (supposedly good) so far the experience with this frame is more or less up there, pleasant. :)

rasch

« Reply #394 on: April 28, 2024, 01:01:05 AM »
Pricing.
LC had a introduction rate of the frame, so I ended up paying 955USD inc. shipping and VAT.
That included custom design, ie paint job, with decals. Proper decal job, no stickers.
Separate handlebar+stem, seat post, axles, headset, plus additional extra DH, extra head set inc. spacers.

Spent most day in the garage yesterday. Building experience is good, really, the only issue so far is internal cable routing. Edges (entry/exit) of holes are a bit rough.
After building several bokes with a SWORKS logo on it (supposedly good) so far the experience with this frame is more or less up there, pleasant. :)

Looks great and promising. Looking forward for the build

c74

« Reply #395 on: April 28, 2024, 10:15:02 AM »
Another build day, today was BB and cranks.
So, I confess to being somewhat @n@l when it comes to alignment, so the LCR017-D gets a treatment.

rasch

« Reply #396 on: April 28, 2024, 10:31:35 AM »
Did you need to work on' the bottom bracket?? Was it that bad?

dinorello

« Reply #397 on: April 28, 2024, 10:43:51 AM »
Another build day, today was BB and cranks.
So, I confess to being somewhat @n@l when it comes to alignment, so the LCR017-D gets a treatment.

Tool probably costs more than the frameset

c74

« Reply #398 on: April 28, 2024, 11:05:37 AM »
Yes, the tool is ridiculously expensive, and for this frame not really needed.
I'm picky. And a bit obsessed with optimization.  :)

cucumber19

« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2024, 03:31:26 PM »
Ironically saw the new thread about bolt length for the LCR015-D with SRAM calipers, and need the same for the LCR017-D.  Anyone know if this also takes 27mm bolts?  Sorry for my ignorance, but are the front fork bolts all standard for SRAM?  Got Force OEM brifter/calipers, so no bolts/washers.  Hopefully someone can kindly tell me what to order!  ;D

Thanks in advance!

PaxiH

« Reply #400 on: April 30, 2024, 01:21:16 AM »
I almost forgot that I wanted to ask a similar question about the length of bolts for the brake calipers.

I'm going to build the LCR017-D Frame with Shimano Ultegra 2x11 (R8000). Can anyone tell me if I need longer (or shorter) bolts for mounting the brake caliper on that frame?
Especially on the rear there are often longer bolts needed, as far as I know.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:22:58 AM by PaxiH »

rasch

« Reply #401 on: May 01, 2024, 07:14:27 AM »
Ok. I've decided to give this frame a trial.

Will be using an old 105 7020 I got laying around. How is this bike fit? Does it fit on the bigger size or lower?

I'm 1.89 so I am going for the 58 for sure, just not sure about stem 100 or 110 and seatpost setback 0 or 20.

I'm not going to do any racing so I'd rather go more to a neutral approach. My usual rides are on endurance bikes like the carbonda 1056.

Serge_K

« Reply #402 on: May 01, 2024, 09:03:29 AM »
If you dont know the site, play around with https://geometrygeeks.bike/. Will let you compare bikes' geometries, it's extremely helpful.
Height alone means very little. I'm 184 and i now ride medium frames because i have long legs (saddle height of c.81cm). I also have fairly long arms, so i can fit myself on large frames, but i have a short torso, so i'm actually more comfortable to push watts on a medium than a large, with fairly high stack because my saddle to bar drop is pretty extreme. If in doubt, always, always go smaller rather than larger. I just sold a giant propel in L that was always a tad too big for me. Tragic, because that bike was amazing. Had i bought a M/L i probably would not have upgraded.
If you ride on the flat a lot and are comfortable in aero positions, probably best to take a 0 offset post, will get you more vertical on the BB, a la TT bike.

rasch

« Reply #403 on: May 01, 2024, 02:05:03 PM »
If you dont know the site, play around with https://geometrygeeks.bike/. Will let you compare bikes' geometries, it's extremely helpful.
Height alone means very little. I'm 184 and i now ride medium frames because i have long legs (saddle height of c.81cm). I also have fairly long arms, so i can fit myself on large frames, but i have a short torso, so i'm actually more comfortable to push watts on a medium than a large, with fairly high stack because my saddle to bar drop is pretty extreme. If in doubt, always, always go smaller rather than larger. I just sold a giant propel in L that was always a tad too big for me. Tragic, because that bike was amazing. Had i bought a M/L i probably would not have upgraded.
If you ride on the flat a lot and are comfortable in aero positions, probably best to take a 0 offset post, will get you more vertical on the BB, a la TT bike.

Thanks. Unfortunately it's quite hard for me to assess since my other bikes are completely different ahah. Will try to get access to a canyon ultimate L size. Apparently they have very similar geometries.

I'm pretty comfy on the endurace for example L size, which is basically the same of all endurace. I know this one is more agressive, but just wonder really the difference on those 2 things. 110 stem and the seatpost setback. Bike size is definitely the 58.

I can imagine though thst with 0 setback I can still play with the seat sth like 15mm back. Will see but place the order in any case.

Ar26

« Reply #404 on: May 01, 2024, 04:38:24 PM »
Thanks. Unfortunately it's quite hard for me to assess since my other bikes are completely different ahah. Will try to get access to a canyon ultimate L size. Apparently they have very similar geometries.

I'm pretty comfy on the endurace for example L size, which is basically the same of all endurace. I know this one is more agressive, but just wonder really the difference on those 2 things. 110 stem and the seatpost setback. Bike size is definitely the 58.

I can imagine though thst with 0 setback I can still play with the seat sth like 15mm back. Will see but place the order in any case.
Why not buy both models (0 and 20). A seatpost costs around 50-60USD;  On short saddles (approx. 245 cm), you have fewer adjustment possibilities compared to a 275 cm saddle