Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 47844 times)

Dark17

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2023, 09:37:06 PM »
Okay okay... A little spoiler.

But more really only after assembly.
Bottom bracket and wheels are still on the way  :D

That looks pretty rad. Now I am really interested to get it as my second bike now lol. Gotta use that if I want to do steep and/or long climbs
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

dinorello

« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2023, 07:13:01 AM »
Can't stop thinking about that boxed up looking down tube.

WhityWhite

« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2023, 10:09:50 AM »

Decal Cost-Framecost. Black and White,Full glossy - US$70    

Painting Cost-Frame
Color paint and coating cost for making custom painting frames.
Get frame and fork in Pantone 7473 and Black color painting
Full glossy finish- US$160

Made by Lightcarbon.

And really good work. Better than the ican custom paint, and this paint was good too.

c74

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2023, 10:56:09 AM »
Looks good!

If not to late, can you take pics on headset bearing seats, BB-area, brake mount area etc, please.

Cheers!

cucumber19

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2023, 08:43:00 AM »
Last question on the decals … did you send them to them, or just provide pdf/eps files?  Thinking about something fun through them and curious about your experience on that tip.

Thanks in advance!

WhityWhite

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2023, 09:05:03 AM »
Last question on the decals … did you send them to them, or just provide pdf/eps files?  Thinking about something fun through them and curious about your experience on that tip.

Thanks in advance!

I used to work as a media designer and was able to prepare the design professionally and accurately and make it available. I also provided the decals as a separate vector file.

c74

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2023, 10:11:45 AM »

dinorello

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2023, 10:14:44 AM »
Anyone else find resemblance with the  CC SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod II?
Ref.
https://escapecollective.com/review-cannondales-supersix-evo-hi-mod-ii-balances-reputation-with-modern-performance/

Yeah the only difference is one is curvy and aero and the other is more boxy and not so aero looking
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 02:31:39 PM by dinorello »

heljan

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2023, 12:11:38 PM »
Here is my work-in-progress. Frame, handlebar and wheels are from LC.
For the decal, I simply provided the font and there is a little graphic on the headtube where I used simple online tools to reduce a picture to black and white and then made the background transparent.

I am very happy with the build quality so far.
And the communication with LC during the whole process was really, really great!

PLA

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2023, 12:28:50 PM »
My only reservation about this frame is the seemingly little amount of material in the bb area. Just as someone who does sprints once a week, makes me curious to try it to compare against something I know is rigid in the bb.

PLA

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2023, 12:33:54 PM »
For the decal, I simply provided the font and there is a little graphic on the headtube where I used simple online tools to reduce a picture to black and white and then made the background transparent.

And the communication with LC during the whole process was really, really great!

Looks nice but any reason you went for a copy of the standard byke logo? Just seems a little weird as someone who just takes a quick look at the frame and sees a branding that doesn't belong on the frame.

joegal

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2023, 03:36:01 PM »
Looks nice but any reason you went for a copy of the standard byke logo? Just seems a little weird as someone who just takes a quick look at the frame and sees a branding that doesn't belong on the frame.

I guess its more a joke regarding the "standert" frames, which is just a other "hipster" frame brand from Berlin, Germany. I think that joke works quite well here, as he also used the same font and a similar logo.

heljan

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2023, 12:30:13 AM »
@joegal got me!
I am not a very creative person but I thought it is standard to have a logo on the down tube and since I couldn't think of a fancy name myself, I ended up with the word itself - and since I like the looks of Standert and Helvetica is a classic font, I snickered a little bit and used it.

PLA

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2023, 01:57:33 AM »
@joegal got me!
I am not a very creative person but I thought it is standard to have a logo on the down tube and since I couldn't think of a fancy name myself, I ended up with the word itself - and since I like the looks of Standert and Helvetica is a classic font, I snickered a little bit and used it.

Fair. Seems like a pretty standard route to take. Hoho

WhityWhite

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2023, 04:13:12 AM »

puhhhh - frame looks good, but copying a brand and then misspelling it (extra or not) is a bit like buying fake soccer shirts on vacation in Turkey and finding that everyone laughs at you because the club is misspelled.

Aaaabut - maybe I'm wrong and the joke is on you! ;-)

The frame itself looks good and I hope you enjoy it! :-)