Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

japjoe7 Carbonda FM1001 build thread

<< < (2/18) > >>

japjoe7:

--- Quote from: jannmayer on August 03, 2023, 09:21:35 AM ---
With straight pull spokes, the cross pattern is determined by the drilling angle on the hub. My 28 hole hubs were 3 cross so I suspect that is correct for you as well, but it would be a good diea to verify before starting to lace the wheel. Just stick a few spokes through the holes and see how many crossings you end up with.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, fingers crossed!

jannmayer:

--- Quote from: japjoe7 on August 03, 2023, 10:08:54 AM ---Thanks, fingers crossed!

--- End quote ---

2 cross or 3 cross?   ;)

Keep in mind that one of the crossings is right by the head of the spokes and is usually hidden inside of the hub flange. If there are two crossings away from the hub, you have a three cross hub.

japjoe7:

--- Quote from: jannmayer on August 03, 2023, 10:45:52 PM ---
2 cross or 3 cross?   ;)

Keep in mind that one of the crossings is right by the head of the spokes and is usually hidden inside of the hub flange. If there are two crossings away from the hub, you have a three cross hub.

--- End quote ---

At least 3 crossed haha. I bought the spokes based on the length of 3 cross. If all else fails I'll just need to buy new spokes and do a 2 cross.

japjoe7:
Got my first couple parts delivered. Headset spacers from Ali came in really quick, 7 days. Nukeproof chain stay protector from the UK in 7 days too. The Nukeproof Mega Alloy Chain Stay Protector 290 fits PERFECTLY.

h-habilis:

--- Quote from: japjoe7 on August 02, 2023, 01:12:36 PM ---...This'll be interesting. DT Swiss calulator says I can do 3 cross this way. I bought the spokes based on this calulation. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you're well in range with spoke lengths, see Ztto suggestions  below for the M1 based on a 583mm ERD, Ryet says there ERD is 581, I measured 582.  Did you order the rear hub delivered with the 36t stars?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version