Author Topic: Yishun R086-D Aero Road  (Read 20818 times)

Dark17

Re: Yishun R086-D Aero Road
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2023, 09:58:59 AM »
Why not going for 11-34 for climbs? XD For the wheels, you could go for the undulating 5045 with carbon spokes xD.

Would like to have 11-34 but I would still like to feel some resistance on some 15% and above climbs that's why I chose 11-32. I use 11-30 at the moment and it's not like we have climbs like Tourmalet or Pyrenees anyways (tho we have Sierra Madre and Baguio mountains but those are far away from where I live).

Choice of carbon spokes is not for the roads in the Philippines as we have bad road conditions.

My first choice would be this wheels.

https://www.proxcarbon.com/prox-carbon-road-undulating-depth-disc-wheels-c52db-ratchet-freehub-system_p97.html

I would do a little more research and expand my choices for now.
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

chughes

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2023, 10:58:08 AM »
@ Dark17  Yeah the ratchet system read pretty much like my Yoelero Sat DB wheels which are about double that price, same spokes look

Dark17

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2023, 11:21:59 AM »
@ Dark17  Yeah the ratchet system read pretty much like my Yoelero Sat DB wheels which are about double that price, same spokes look

Yeah, and the price is just USD409/pair like WTF? I am thinking about if these are quality wheels with that price point but they are also Lightcarbon so quality is supposed to be really good.

PLA

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2023, 01:18:15 PM »
Yeah, and the price is just USD409/pair like WTF? I am thinking about if these are quality wheels with that price point but they are also Lightcarbon so quality is supposed to be really good.

I think their in house hub brings price down a fair bit. I'm going to grab a set of prox wheels for a gravel build I'll do shortly. Hard to beat that price.

Dark17

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2023, 08:42:38 AM »
Frame already arrived. I will be taking pictures later as I inspect the frame. Initial impression is, the reach is really long lol. Glad that I just ordered 100mm integrated handlebar.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 08:44:58 AM by Dark17 »

PLA

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2023, 09:20:43 AM »
Frame already arrived. I will be taking pictures later as I inspect the frame. Initial impression is, the reach is really long lol. Glad that I just ordered 100mm integrated handlebar.

should be able to get pretty aero on such a long and low frame. good for you if you have long arms or long torso/short legs.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

chughes

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2023, 11:08:11 AM »
@Dark17 what size frame did you get? What's your height, and inseam? Ended up getting the size 500 to match a 54 *medium ) tarmac sl7/ Velobuild VBR 168 geometry 520 was also an option but I did not want something with a higher stack

Dark17

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2023, 12:19:38 PM »
@Dark17 what size frame did you get? What's your height, and inseam? Ended up getting the size 500 to match a 54 *medium ) tarmac sl7/ Velobuild VBR 168 geometry 520 was also an option but I did not want something with a higher stack

I went with size 540 since the stack is the closest to my current bike which is an s/m Merida Scultura 200. I also took into consideration on what my fitter said that my current bike is too small for me and we slapped a 120mm stem and zero offset seatpost to get into right fit. My height is 176cm with 83cm inseam.

BTW I am attaching a very low quality image of the frameset. I am still deciding for a groupset if I will go with ER9 or just a mechanical Ultegra.

Size of my handlebar is 420/100. I really wanted a 400/100 but it was out of stock even the separate handlebar/stem.

I am no expert on quality checking, but my untrained eyes saw that the frame is built well. Bottom Bracket is pretty well built and the headset went in pretty quick.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 12:22:12 PM by Dark17 »

chughes

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2023, 09:32:08 AM »
Anyone ready to share their ride experience? Went with the size 500 frameset. My height is  172.7 cm, inseam 83. Have a size  54 VB 168 but felt as if I could  size down to a 52. The 500 was slightly longer than my current bike and also slightly shorter. Found the bike very responsive to power input. When it came to rolling hills, found myself having to pedal less. Bike had me passing persons who were pedaling, probably due to its aero  dynamics. Had someone on the group ride comment that the bike really likes to move. Paired the frame with my yoeleo  Sat 50 DB wheels with Corsa Next tubeless tires. Back tire had in a ridenow tube (had some issues seating a new tire so I am using a tube for now to help the seating process), front had sealant Been told sometimes its best to ride new tubeless tires with a tube in order to properly seat them

Dark17

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2023, 06:42:06 AM »
No ride experience yet. LTwoo ER9 is on the way and I am yet to buy some wheels. I am picking which of LightCarbon's Undulating rims with upgraded Sapim CX-Ray spokes (downgraded hubs to 4 pawls + steel bearings because I don't want ceramic) or Yishun's 206DB-RBD50C.

craysor

« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2023, 12:11:25 PM »
Hello, I'm planning on building one too. Is the headset provided by Yishun good, or should I get another one (FSA)?

patliean1

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2023, 02:57:28 PM »
Hello, I'm planning on building one too. Is the headset provided by Yishun good, or should I get another one (FSA)?

Bearings are decent, however you should ALWAYS use your own expander/compression plug versus the provided one. I use Neco Headset Expander (size large) on all my cheap bike frames.

Dark17

« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2023, 07:03:37 PM »
Bearings are decent, however you should ALWAYS use your own expander/compression plug versus the provided one. I use Neco Headset Expander (size large) on all my cheap bike frames.

Did you also changed the D-Shape compression plug on the seatpost?

chughes

« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2023, 10:21:20 PM »
I find the Cane Creek Ancora Expansion Plug , even better than the  Neco ones. Its not that Neco is bad, just find the Ancora better.

neobiker

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2023, 12:10:15 PM »

Noob question: can I ask why?