Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Avoid OG-Evkin Official Store on Aliexpress

<< < (2/4) > >>

TidyDinosaur:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on August 09, 2023, 02:43:47 AM ---Not sure for how long you are wrestling already, but even with great sellers like Carbonda or lightbicycle time is sometimes relative.
If in stock great, if not it can take its time. Sometimes as planned, sometimes not.
Although a big difference is they always communicate clearly, which is why I'm a fan of both.

The few interactions i had with og-evkin official weren't great.
Their products are generally good, their communication definitely not.
So that may add trouble to your case that may after all end well if more time is given.

--- End quote ---

First mail was on 30/06, so it has been going on for about 6 weeks now. It is not so much that it is taking very long, but more about the false promises and seemingly fake statements.
After a week they promised me a new frame and told me they were going to send the payment link the next day. They never did but made more of the "Next day" promises... This was a month ago, so that link aint coming...
Weeks ago they said the factory was painting the frame. I would guess it would have been ready and shipped by now if that was honest. They said they had 4 in stock...
When I got the request to continue the conversation on Whatsapp I really started to understand this was going nowhere... If you talk to the seller over whatsapp Aliexpress is never going to help you if something goes wrong... If I typed the word "Whatsapp" in the Ali chat I got a warning that I had used words that were prohibited and I could get sanctioned or blocked if I did that again  :-\
And since I asked them to continue on Ali chat instead of Whatsapp their tone changed and after 2 short replies they went silence since...

Of course I am still hoping to get the new frame, but I give that a 1% chance now...

But like you said. Communication of this store was always bad, even before ordering the frame... I should have known than...

TidyDinosaur:
Just got a reply from Aliexpress customer service:

Thank you for contacting AliExpress.

Upon checking, we are sorry to hear that your problem and I found out that you are beyond the buyer protection period, so please don't forget to open dispute solve order issue within buyer protection time next time. Currently the best solution for you is to contact seller and get a new solution.

So they are not doing anything anymore...

TidyDinosaur:
And today the store sent me a message to stop messaging them and they blocked me.

I can't believe they lied to me for 1,5 month. Really crappy seller.

svanimpe:
Yeah, I've also ordered from OG EVKIN before, and they always come over as quite arrogant on the chat.

They try to market themselves as a "high quality brand", but in the end, it's just another store selling open mould components, and slapping a brand on them. I avoid them if I can find another store selling the same products unbranded.

carbonazza:
Sorry to read they are dropping you.
I hate this disrespect. I was looking to buy another integrated bar for my next build.
I'll look elsewhere, and for all mounts, bottle cages,... I buy regularly from them too

As a contrast, a friend's handlebar cracked this week in a very odd place.
I contacted Wing at Carbonda with pictures.
Even if it was kind of out of the 2y-warranty. Replaced without any question !
Ok, I'm a regular buyer, as I centralise the buying for  many builds, but what a difference.

It is all on the seller.
Aliex is just ok if something arrives broken.
So I would never advise someone to buy a frame or wheels there, and look for reputable seller you can contact directly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version