Author Topic: Onirii One  (Read 7444 times)

DrDanger

Re: Onirii One
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2024, 11:14:18 PM »
I received my Onirii One frame recently in size XL (56 cm equivalent). I ordered it painted black as they replied it would be the lightest. It weighed 685 grams without derailleur hand or water bottle bolts. The fork was 385 grams which is a bit heavier than advertised. Pictures to follow when I have enough posts to be able to.  I’m waiting for my Avian Canary integrated handlebars to arrive which may be at least a month out since they are 400X130 which is a newly offered longer stem length for them.

Blueberry

Re: Onirii One
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2024, 11:44:15 AM »
I'm interested to hear more about your experience further down the line! Going with the Avian Canary sounds like a much better idea than using Onirii's bar/stem.

Final update on my Onirii One:
It actually really grew on me, I got more used to the fit, it was still never quite right, but I was liking the bike more and more regardless. Loved the low bottom bracket's effect on handling. Every new bike takes some time for me to build up trust with but I did finally get to the point where I was trusting the One for just about anything, even full on sprints (I am much more of a sprinter than a climber).

Dealing with Onirii was fine to begin with, they were very responsive and helpful but when it came to the whole bar/stem length and labeling issues, it got a lot more difficult and I am trying to get Paypal to refund me for the second barstem. I'm fairly certain they are mislabeling the reach, stem length, and drop on all their bars.

Last week I sold the bike. It was a fun project, fun bike, and good learning experience. Now I am planning to take that experience into a new bike build :)

With a 5/10 being totally neutral I would say:
Building the bike: 4/10 - some challenges, I needed to file some holes. The angle of the holes you use to route the rear brake line around the bottom bracket were awkward, hard to route through. The alignment features on the first handlebar were misaligned and I had to cut off one of the two nubs to allow the top spacer to nest with the stem.   
Riding the bike: 8/10 - it was good fun.
Dealing with customer support: 4/10 - it was good until it wasn't.