Author Topic: Some questions about Chinese mechanical groupsets...  (Read 1751 times)

Takiyaki

Some questions about Chinese mechanical groupsets...
« on: September 15, 2023, 03:32:49 PM »
Which Chinese mechanical hydraulic groupset has the lightest shifters + derailleurs?

And is there any difference or issues with reliability/durability between Sensah/L-TWOO?

How much lighter are they than R7000?

Doing a road build and trying to strike a good balance between weight and cost.

jonathanf2

Re: Some questions about Chinese mechanical groupsets...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 06:48:44 PM »
Which Chinese mechanical hydraulic groupset has the lightest shifters + derailleurs?

And is there any difference or issues with reliability/durability between Sensah/L-TWOO?

How much lighter are they than R7000?

Doing a road build and trying to strike a good balance between weight and cost.

Trace Velo compared weights and I believe the Sensah HRD is currently the lightest at 1075g. LTwoo RX is 1151g and 105 R7020 is 1220g. Though there hasn't been any reviews of the finalized shifters/calipers. I'd still probably lean towards Sensah as well, because I can't stand the Ltwoo thumb trigger. Sensah shifting is pretty good in my opinion.

ritxis

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 03:03:04 AM »
I have assembled 3 Sensah groupsets from 3 acquaintances, I prefer to pay a little more for Shimano......at the level of changes it is quite superior (fit and operation) to the Sensah, which I am not saying are bad, but Shimano in that aspect is better, especially in the front derailleur

nickobec

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 07:18:36 AM »
I'd still probably lean towards Sensah as well, because I can't stand the Ltwoo thumb trigger.
Same, I am not a fan of thumb triggers (rode Campagnolo long enough to hate them).
With mechanical shifters, the style of shifting makes the difference, I prefer the SRAM/Sensah double tap over the Shimano double levers (I own and ride both). I have friends who are the exact opposite.

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 01:45:37 PM »
Same, I am not a fan of thumb triggers (rode Campagnolo long enough to hate them).
With mechanical shifters, the style of shifting makes the difference, I prefer the SRAM/Sensah double tap over the Shimano double levers (I own and ride both). I have friends who are the exact opposite.

I got so used to Sensah double tap, I swapped both my road bikes to Sensah Team Pro carbon shifters which are Shimano compatible paired with hydro/mechanical disc brakes. I'm hoping Sensah does a Team Pro HRD version, if not i might just pick up a set of Ultegra R8020 shifters and cheap hydraulic calipers.