Author Topic: Anyone try paring ZRace XG or LTwoo hydraulic calipers with Shimano shifters?  (Read 2380 times)

jonathanf2

I just scored a pair of cheap 11 speed Ultegra R8020 hydraulic shift levers.  I'm curious if they'll work with either the ZRace or Ltwoo hydro brake calipers? I'm presuming there shouldn't be any issues (I have them laying around from a previous "attemped" LTwoo swap), but I'm double checking on here if there is anything I should expect? I'm already using GRX shifters on my gravel bike, and they're much more straight forward to use than LTwoo's hydraulic setup.

Thanks for any input!

bichler.bua

I have paired ZRace XG with Shimano ST-R785, works (except for the brake pads that come with the ZRace XG, they are okay but not perfect)
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3499.msg47700.html#msg47700

jonathanf2

I have paired ZRace XG with Shimano ST-R785, works (except for the brake pads that come with the ZRace XG, they are okay but not perfect)
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3499.msg47700.html#msg47700

I actually found the LTwoo "eggroll" brake pads to be very good. I ended up pulling those out of my LTwoo calipers and putting them in my GRX calipers on my gravel bike. Thankfully the ZRace and LTwoo brake calipers use the same brake pads as Shimano road/gravel hydraulic, so it does open up more options.

It's good to hear the ZRace calipers work fine with Shimano shifters. They're significantly lighter by almost 100g compared to LTwoo. I'll probably used those with a good set of brake pads with my Ultegra shifters.

Mtnbykr

I'm using Ltwoo shifters with Shimano calipers and no issues....

coffeebreak

This is good. Those calipers come in all fancy colors too. Would love to have purple or golden calipers on a black bike with other bits matched to that accent.

jonathanf2

This is good. Those calipers come in all fancy colors too. Would love to have purple or golden calipers on a black bike with other bits matched to that accent.

I have a pair of ZRace calipers in plain black! I'll report back once I receive the Ultegra R7020 shifters and install it with the calipers. I'm hoping this will be more effortless to install than using the LTwoo hydraulic shifters which I hated from a design/ergo perspective.

abedfo

I just scored a pair of cheap 11 speed Ultegra R8020 hydraulic shift levers.  I'm curious if they'll work with either the ZRace or Ltwoo hydro brake calipers? I'm presuming there shouldn't be any issues (I have them laying around from a previous "attemped" LTwoo swap), but I'm double checking on here if there is anything I should expect? I'm already using GRX shifters on my gravel bike, and they're much more straight forward to use than LTwoo's hydraulic setup.

Thanks for any input!

I was running 105s with the ltwoo gr-9 callipers. All good. I was even running the smaller bh59 barbs with no issues.

Conversely I'm running the ltwoo gr9 shifters with shimano slx post mount brakes on cx bike. With the ltwoo shifters having freestoke adjustment they are just soooo good.