Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Elitewheels Edge wheelset

(1/24) > >>

BalticSea:
Can anyone share their experience with the wheelset in question? I figured it is better to have a separate thread rather than using general ones considering that the wheels are a somewhat common suggestion.

Also, they're on promo again

WhityWhite:
I had already explicitly asked for this in this thread:
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4325.0.html

Unfortunately without success...

However, I finally ordered them because of the many reviews on AliExpress and the consistently positive image of EliteWheels on the Internet.

At the last "Schools XXX - Sale" I bought the 65 for less than 500 Euros including shipping.
Since they didn't keep up with the orders, I had to extend the production time so that the order wouldn't be cancelled.
I am supposed to receive them in November.

So assume a long wait when ordering.

But since I don't need them until next spring, that was fine with me, in terms of specifications and price.

I will report back on my experience!

I hope they arrive a little earlier so I have enough time to test them, as I will then be hitting them again on 11/11, with a lower rim height, for my climbing bike.

BalticSea:

--- Quote from: WhityWhite on September 18, 2023, 08:05:36 AM ---I had already explicitly asked for this in this thread:
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4325.0.html

Unfortunately without success...

However, I finally ordered them because of the many reviews on AliExpress and the consistently positive image of EliteWheels on the Internet.

At the last "Schools XXX - Sale" I bought the 65 for less than 500 Euros including shipping.
Since they didn't keep up with the orders, I had to extend the production time so that the order wouldn't be cancelled.
I am supposed to receive them in November.

So assume a long wait when ordering.

But since I don't need them until next spring, that was fine with me, in terms of specifications and price.

I will report back on my experience!

I hope they arrive a little earlier so I have enough time to test them, as I will then be hitting them again on 11/11, with a lower rim height, for my climbing bike.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. Did you select DPD shipping when making the order or did you go with standard Ali shipping?

WhityWhite:
Selleres shipping method.

the other variants would have been much more expensive.

Sebastian:
I had a set of these in my workshop for a while. I built a V-BR099 with these for a friend. See the dedicated thread for photos. I measured them to have a consistent inner width of 21.3-21.5. Outer width maxes out at roughly 30mm slightly below the rim edge IIRC.
I just did a ride with my friend yesterday where he rode these wheels. Nothing bad to say really. They’re stupendously light for a wheelset that deep and that cheap. I measured the spoke tension to be perfect throughout. They were absolutely true. I did specifically recommend them to him bc of the great value for money. The freehub is the loudest I ever heard. It can be quietened with a bit of grease or oil I guess.

So they’re great is all I can say. He’s only done around 200km with these. So no long term experience obviously.
And: They’re painted in matte black. Wouldn’t be my cup of tea, personally. I like my wheels to have the carbon visible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version