Author Topic: SP-Cycle M06 build thread  (Read 12796 times)

Ludo

Re: SP-Cycle M06 build thread
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2024, 06:06:15 AM »
Frame stickers up last night, need to apply ppf now and set up the tubeless wheels. That last one is not something I am really looking forward, first time and what I am reading doesn’t bring a lot of enthusiasm for the task lol

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2024, 10:08:49 AM »
Frame stickers up last night, need to apply ppf now and set up the tubeless wheels. That last one is not something I am really looking forward, first time and what I am reading doesn’t bring a lot of enthusiasm for the task lol

Tubeless on a MTB is fairly straightforward most of the time. So no need to be afraid

Ludo

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2024, 07:50:47 PM »
Status update with some decent pics

nicklej

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2024, 05:19:31 AM »
Looking good!

Tubeless is easy these days. As long as your rim is taped well and you tighten the valve you shouldn't have too many issues and most setups go up fine with a track pump. I use a water bottle, squirt some soap in and then a tiny bit of water to make a squirtable foam and apply that around both sides of the tyre. Works a treat and worth trying if you can't do it "dry".

Ludo

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2024, 09:02:38 AM »
1st complete assembly pic. Still need to trim the seat post.
All in, 9.15kg (20.15lbs).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:13:38 PM by Ludo »

poloskatek

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2024, 01:41:20 AM »
Hi, to mount the handlebars did you have to use any shims not included in the kit you purchased?

What system did you use to put pressure on the headset bearings?

Snife

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2024, 03:00:50 AM »
I finished mine (mostly) as well.
Some minor things like brake fluid / air in the system. Haven't ridden it yet due to being sick all the time.

Weight is around something around 9.8kg - I don't have proper scale, only one intended for luggage.

Ludo

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2024, 12:06:54 PM »
Hi, to mount the handlebars did you have to use any shims not included in the kit you purchased?

What system did you use to put pressure on the headset bearings?

I used only parts that came with frame/handlebars.
The used fork I bought had an expandable nut in it and it was same thread as the handlebar cover bolt so I simply did the adjustment per regular procedure

Ludo

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2024, 12:09:46 PM »
I finished mine (mostly) as well.
Some minor things like brake fluid / air in the system. Haven't ridden it yet due to being sick all the time.

Weight is around something around 9.8kg - I don't have proper scale, only one intended for luggage.

That’s a nice looking bike and higher specs that mine! Looking forward to your feedback. I should take it on its maiden ride this weekend. Actually thinking of taking Friday off to go ride!

poloskatek

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2024, 02:27:36 AM »

I used only parts that came with frame/handlebars.
The used fork I bought had an expandable nut in it and it was same thread as the handlebar cover bolt so I simply did the adjustment per regular procedure

Thank you for the explanation

lukwy

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2024, 02:56:50 AM »
Are the cables only routed through the head tube? This frame looks really nice. If only a 38t oval chainring with a 52mm chainline would fit, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it (factory max is 40T @55mm). Any information on this case?
FS: Carbonda FM936, XT/SLX 1x12, 2.4
Gravel: TanTan GR045, GRX820/105 2x12, 700x35c

Snife

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2024, 01:02:03 PM »
That’s a nice looking bike and higher specs that mine! Looking forward to your feedback. I should take it on its maiden ride this weekend. Actually thinking of taking Friday off to go ride!

Thanks, I like the colour of yours as well. That's why I went with frame protection to have some contrasting colour.

Did you also experience that the thru axle in the back was too long? By maybe 1-2mm... I needed to have a bigger spacer for the thru axle because my rear wheel had some play. The one provided was too thin. In the process I know now not to overtighten the udh hanger because it is partly made out plastic :).

I also replaced the bottom headset cup with one from hope because I seem to have used too much force while putting the crown race on.

One side of the bottom bracket cup (SRAM dub) was too loose, I was able to put it in with my bare hands. I "glued" them in with loctite 241 retaining compound to be sure not to get any squeaking BB in the future.

Beside those things I am really impressed overall by the quality. It's my first Chinese frame, I am really looking forward to ride it.

Ludo

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2024, 03:32:40 PM »
I had the same issue with the BB shell, and used loctite.
Thru axle was too long and I also cracked a UDH. They sent me a replacement one and a 2mm washer. Communication and support from seller has been very good.

All cables are routed through head tube (derrailleur and brake) no issue, there is a lot space everywhere to route these easily

Kommandant33

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2024, 06:13:14 PM »
This is a fantastic build log!

I am interested as to how you are finding the L-Twoo shifters and derailleur?

I am looking at building something similar for my daughters bike, but was planning on going with Shimano or Sram for the drivetrain.

Ludo

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2024, 06:54:25 PM »
Thanks!

Setting up and adjusting the Ltwoo was a breeze. The shifting is nice and crisp, the only critic would be that the throw to the upside is a tad long but may just be a matter of getting used to it.

End of this year my daughter should be tall enough for a 24”, I will probably built her a bike using same type of components. I am not sure how quality is on the cheaper Ltwoo stuff though.
Overall I am really pleased with all the components I got but only time will define if it was good value. Fit and looks have been exceeding my expectations for sure.