Author Topic: SP-Cycle M06 build thread  (Read 16620 times)

Ludo

Re: SP-Cycle M06 build thread
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2024, 10:27:45 AM »
I got a painted frame! It was apparently a challenge to get what I wanted (clear with chamaeleon effect still showing the carbon through) so far communication as been really good with seller on official aliexpress store. It took more time than expected but I was clear from the start that I wasn’t in a rush.
Can’t wait to have that box in front of me!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 12:51:25 PM by Ludo »

Ludo

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2024, 05:51:29 PM »
And it just showed up, it’s a beauty, picture don’t do it justice!
The paint is slightly clear and let the carbon show through. The finish seems good, I can see that BB and headset have been sanded/faced, inside it looks realy clean too. I will run endoscopic camera to check further.

Variabel

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2024, 08:48:04 AM »
Nice
I got mine too snd just installed the bottom bracket. I was able to just move the sram gxp bracket in by hand. Is this normal or did i get one of the frames with the bb too wide as mentioned further up?
Im afraid it'll end up creaking rather fast.

Ludo

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:13 AM »
Not there yet…
I am awaiting to put the decals on the frame and have it PPFed before I bring tools close to it lol
I did last night test fitting rear wheel and ended up breaking the plastic UDH. Luckily I had ordered a spare one, that one is metal. First time using UDH, cant say I am impressed with the design:
Screw/rod is aluminum and can take 10Nm - 6mm Hex key
Nut side is metal but threading in plastic UDH - 8mm hex key, not torque info

When I screw the rod in I failed to have an hex key on the other side which I think ended up overtorquing the UDH indirectly and cracking it :/

Have you routed your brake and derrailleur tubing? Any issues?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2024, 11:25:07 AM »
Nice
I got mine too snd just installed the bottom bracket. I was able to just move the sram gxp bracket in by hand. Is this normal or did i get one of the frames with the bb too wide as mentioned further up?
Im afraid it'll end up creaking rather fast.
That BB shell is too big. I suggest you do not ride the bike like this since you can damage the BB shell if the BB starts moving.
You are better off installing it with Loctite 609 and activator. It will fill the gap.
Read up on using Loctite on BB's before you start using it.

Variabel

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2024, 02:18:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice, i'll read up on that.
Brakecable routing went ok, it looks good with the syncros fraser but im afraid the sharp edges of the headset-inlet will damage the cable soon, filed them some.

Ludo

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2024, 08:14:57 AM »
No room for foam?
I run the hydraulic tubing last night, it went without too much problem as well, using a $4 cable routing kit. The chainstay is getting narrow when meeting the frame and there was some kind of a ridge inside blocking tube when running it straight in.
Installed the foam and ran all the way up, seat nicely in the Bb area (see pic)

Then I ran into a bit of a problem when I realized I forgot to get the jagwire shifter cable housing. Ordered and expecting delivery tomorrow. As I wait I’ll PPF the chainstay and seat tube

Oh and I confirmed the X4 caliper fits at the rear
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 08:18:42 AM by Ludo »

Ludo

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2024, 10:53:55 AM »
worked on some stickers designs to dress up the frame, comments welcome. I just bought a cheap vinyl cutter, not sure how well it can handle these shapes. never used one so a bit of a learning curve expected there

the first one for the head tube
second one for the top tube, near head tube
third is for the main tube frame, it will be big, probably around 15" (37cm) x 4# (10cm)
fourth is going to be on the top tube, seat side, either on top or or each side
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 10:56:29 AM by Ludo »

Ludo

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2024, 09:49:46 PM »
Thanks for the advice, i'll read up on that.
Brakecable routing went ok, it looks good with the syncros fraser but im afraid the sharp edges of the headset-inlet will damage the cable soon, filed them some.

Well, same issue, I just tried to fit the BB and the cup slide in there with 0 resistance, no interference fit for sure!
Spoke with SP Cycle rep (he has been great since the beginning of ordering process), he recommends also to use loctite. From weakest to strongest: 641-609-638
I will read spec sheets of these tomorrow and make a judgment call on the one to use…
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 11:21:14 PM by Ludo »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2024, 01:41:16 AM »
Well, same issue, I just tried to fit the BB and the cup slide in there with 0 resistance, no interference fit for sure!
Spoke with SP Cycle rep (he has been great since the beginning of ordering process), he recommends also to use loctite. From weakest to strongest: 641-609-638
I will read spec sheets of these tomorrow and make a judgment call on the one to use…

I have used the 609 on my crappy and almost ruined BB shell of my OG-Evkin Hardtail and it works. If you heat it (hairdryer) you can also get is disassembled fairly easy.

Ludo

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2024, 07:18:03 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! I was going to go incrementally but I’ll go straight to level 2 then!

Variabel

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 02:05:20 PM »
No room for foam?
I run the hydraulic tubing last night, it went without too much problem as well, using a $4 cable routing kit. The chainstay is getting narrow when meeting the frame and there was some kind of a ridge inside blocking tube when running it straight in.
Installed the foam and ran all the way up, seat nicely in the Bb area (see pic)

Then I ran into a bit of a problem when I realized I forgot to get the jagwire shifter cable housing. Ordered and expecting delivery tomorrow. As I wait I’ll PPF the chainstay and seat tube

Oh and I confirmed the X4 caliper fits at the rear

I have used foam protection for the hose, but for the first time - i didnt put it all the way up thru the headset. I guess i'll check after the first ride and if the hose looks bad ill try to add some foam.

I found a Tripeaks twistfit bottom bracket, a pressfit bb that screws together and is supposed to work in these cases. I'll try that and combine it wiht locktite if necessary.

Ludo

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2024, 02:30:55 PM »
That’s a a solution I looked at too but I’ll try loctite only first. Should be here on Friday. I think it will hold, the only question may be for how long, we shall see.
I test fitted fork and “syncros” bar, definitely a tight fit for the brake and derailleur line. I am glad I went with jagwire for the later, I hope it helps to still have a smooth operation
What stacking for adapters are you going for? I was a bit confused with all the options!

Ludo

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2024, 11:45:17 AM »
Well I secured the Bb with loctite 609, a lot runnier than I  was expecting but it seems to hold, I will try to finish the built in the next couple of days as I think I have everything I need…

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2024, 01:58:59 AM »
Well I secured the Bb with loctite 609, a lot runnier than I  was expecting but it seems to hold, I will try to finish the built in the next couple of days as I think I have everything I need…

Yeah, it is thin indeed. But it seems to get a bit more voluminous when it sets.
Good luck!