Author Topic: Replica Factor Ostro VAM  (Read 3108 times)

Replica Factor Ostro VAM
« on: September 20, 2023, 12:44:17 PM »
Building up a factor ostro vam from Taobao. My cousin bought and shipped it to me
Frame weight is 987G for size 56.
Black Inc Handlebar hasn't arrived yet  400x110
Price for the frame,fork, handlebar was around 2950 chinese yuan Or 410usd, shipping another 70, took 18 days to arrive
Building with a set of CL50 front and CLX64 Rear i snagged off FB for 450. The CLX64 Rear rim hook was slightly damaged, and after a little finesse roval is rebuilding the rim for free. Waiting on that
Using the Wuzei Cassette from Aliexpress. (60)
And random aliexpress rotors (20)
ZTTO t47 bb (15)
Ultegra di2 shifters, brakes, fd and rd, around 1250usd 12 speed
ultegra 11 speed crankset (160 Ali)
Paint is very nice.  8/10. No blemishes, one scratch on the seatpost but you cant see it once inserted.
Overall I think this build is going well so far. Frame looks good from what i see and doesnt flex or anything like that. Looks like gonna be a great build for the price, coming in under 2.5k I estimate weight is going to be around 7-7.4kg without pedals.
frame is beautiful.

Re: Replica Factor Ostro VAM
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 12:46:45 PM »
will update once its done. I looked inside the frame with a small camera and it looks fine from what i see. lmk if any questions

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 12:52:02 PM »
anotha pic

abedfo

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 02:11:14 PM »
Nice looks rapid.

radfactor

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 07:06:40 PM »
Nice looking Ostro replica there. Anyway, can you show what type of compression plug given by seller?
Because I've experienced it before, D-shaped steer tube is not working well with normal round compression plug. It tends to loose during ride and for me it's so dangerous.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 10:20:38 PM »
google factor ostro vam compression plug. its the same as the factor one.

Froglover825

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 12:06:57 AM »
Nice looking Ostro replica there. Anyway, can you show what type of compression plug given by seller?
Because I've experienced it before, D-shaped steer tube is not working well with normal round compression plug. It tends to loose during ride and for me it's so dangerous.
I find that the expander plugs supplied by any chinese vendor is always shit and you have to replace it.
I just buy a default 50 or 70mm deda and sorted.

OralMaster

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 03:09:00 AM »
hey OP would you mind sharing the taobao link/shop name?

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 12:27:11 PM »
hey OP would you mind sharing the taobao link/shop name?

I'll ask my cousin later tonight

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 12:28:37 PM »
I find that the expander plugs supplied by any chinese vendor is always shit and you have to replace it.
I just buy a default 50 or 70mm deda and sorted.

ill test it out soon and report back

maza

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 04:58:34 PM »
Compression plug doesn't hold any stress while riding. Your handlebar is clamped to the steerer and keeps everything together. Compression plug and top cap function only to set correct tightness for headset.

Maden

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 05:37:02 PM »
Compression plug doesn't hold any stress while riding. Your handlebar is clamped to the steerer and keeps everything together. Compression plug and top cap function only to set correct tightness for headset.

What. The compression plug is ESSENTIAL at all times. Yes, the top cap is solely for preload, but the plug supports the clamping force of the stem, preventing the carbon steerer tube from being crushed, snapping, and causing an accident.

Bianchi Fork Failure:

ENEP

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 12:42:42 AM »

Does not apply to carbon steerer tubes. Carbon steerer tubes needs the plug.

radfactor

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023, 07:26:43 AM »
It's an essential item, my brother. Compression plug help to 'hold' the handlebar in place to the steerer tube. Loose plugs can cause a lot of issues, especially for rider safety.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 09:38:16 PM »

Lol wtf? compression plug is super important.... have u seen world tour specialized sl7 and factor ostro vam forks both failing due to compression plug?