Author Topic: Elves Eglath Pro Build  (Read 2293 times)

w2ge

Elves Eglath Pro Build
« on: September 29, 2023, 06:53:18 AM »
Elves Eglath Pro size XL

Prologo Scratch carbon Saddle
Orome Aeropro integrated bars
Supacaz bar tape
Ultegra Rx rear derailleur
Ultegra 8100 cranks w Stone 50/34 Chainrings
160mm icetech rotors F/R
Gold KMC EL chain, waxed
CeramicsSpeed OSPW
WHEELS Mfg ceramic BB
Gold Wolftooth centerlock rings and Better Bolts hardware for Calipers
Elite Fifty wheels with upgraded 54tooth hub wrapped in Continental gp5000 tires, RideNow tpu tubes

Bike assembled by and all parts choices were done together with Rey Lopez @Bikebuildz.   Awesome guy to work with, bike is an absolute weapon!

kubackje

Re: Elves Eglath Pro Build
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »
GREAT looking bike, absolute beast. Can you post more photos, would love to see side view.
And tell us how it rides :)

cucumber19

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 09:58:34 AM »
Beautiful bike! Very curious about the Eglath ... seems to no get as much love as some of Elves' other bikes.  What are your ride impressions?

w2ge

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 10:13:26 AM »
I can’t compare it to too many bikes as I haven’t ridden a ton of others, but I’ve been riding a Trek Domane CF w Ultegra (2020) for the past three years.  This bike is a WEAPON compared to my Domane.  Domane is ridding on 32s on DT Swiss wheels but just seems SLUGGISH compared to the Eglath.   Eglath doesn’t get the love because ELVES (imo) has been pushing the FALATH EVO,  and now the brand new VANYAR .., they're taking up all the “air in the room”.

Eglath is an all-rounder bike, just not sexy to many anymore..  those others (new VANYAR, and new FALATH EVO) are getting crit guys, the press, etc. excited..  a lightweight climbing bike, and an aggressive aero bike.

Re: the ride..   thrilled to death, smooth as silk, fairly stable (I’m running 400mm wide bars, 100mm stem) hit 33.6mph yesterday (downhill, of course ;D ) and >28mph in the flats. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:22:52 AM by w2ge »

PLA

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 10:38:53 AM »
the thing i like most about elves is how the name of their frames is like they've put a bunch of letters in a blender and set it to max.

sbellote

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 11:00:07 AM »
Eglath doesn’t get the love because ELVES (imo) has been pushing the FALATH EVO,  and now the brand new VANYAR .., they're taking up all the “air in the room”.
yeah, it has to do with current marketing focus (their recent launches) and how Elves came to be more known over the last year (which has a lot to do with the Falath Evo).
Because the brand itself is already known in China and southeast Asia for years, it's just that the western world (and Australia) got to know it recently

anyway, great looking bike! really beautiful frame, the paintjob is nice, and the build itself is well put together. Glad to hear it rides nice :)
now, any particular reason to keep the 'pillar' adhesives on the spokes?

the thing i like most about elves is how the name of their frames is like they've put a bunch of letters in a blender and set it to max.
it's actually just names of Elven people from Tolkien's lore. Vanyar, Eglath and Falath(rim) which the brand decided to exclude the last letters
as someone who is a fan of Tolkien, this brand caught my attention years ago while browsing through Aliexpress ;D

w2ge

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 02:25:01 PM »
Lol, Pillar decals were during the build. 

Thanks for the info re ELVEN names, had no idea!  Learn something new everyday even on Chinertown.  Who’da thunk it?

Takiyaki

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 02:25:44 PM »
This frame is my pick of Elves lineup... love the look and the geometry. Been waiting to see one of these built up for a while

w2ge

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 04:45:24 PM »
Nice, learn something new everyday, didn’t realize the names were from Tolkien.   

Lol, Rey @bikebuildz took those photos with the Pillar decal while it was being finished.  He’s a beast btw, holds like 15 STRAVA KOMs’ in our area.

Some more photos: (@kubackjeee)

jonathanf2

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2023, 12:43:21 PM »
Nice bike! I think this is where Chinese carbon builds shine when you mix-n-match stuff you can get off AliEx with top-tier Shimano components.

precision6625

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 12:21:32 PM »
How are the Stone 2x chainrings? Like if you're spinning slowly does it consistently hook onto the first shift pin available and shift up, as stock Shimano does? And shifts under heavier loads, cross chains in the big ring acceptably, etc?

kubackje

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2023, 02:36:10 PM »
How are the Stone 2x chainrings? Like if you're spinning slowly does it consistently hook onto the first shift pin available and shift up, as stock Shimano does? And shifts under heavier loads, cross chains in the big ring acceptably, etc?

I am also interested. Wonder if they would work with my 11 speed dura ace? The seller on Ali told me it's only for 12 speed. Do You use 11 or 12 speed chain?

w2ge

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2023, 06:10:41 PM »

They are awesome, very impressed with these chainrings.  Can handle huge watts, shifts are clean, clean, clean and immediate.   Very quiet, too.  I’m using 11speed kmc waxed chain on a 11s ultegra cassette.

I however.. just ordered a SRAM FORCE AXS ETAP 1X set.   ::)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:17:32 PM by w2ge »

kubackje

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2023, 05:53:53 AM »
They are awesome, very impressed with these chainrings.  Can handle huge watts, shifts are clean, clean, clean and immediate.   Very quiet, too.  I’m using 11speed kmc waxed chain on a 11s ultegra cassette.

I however.. just ordered a SRAM FORCE AXS ETAP 1X set.   ::)

I thought that spacing on 12s chainrings is a little different then on 11s chainrings. That's what I've read on the net and that's why 2 sellers told me it's not compatible with 11s. That's why it's great to here from You that it works.

Ar26

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2023, 06:52:12 AM »
Hello, the photos of the Eglath frame are misleading. Indeed, the frame is very inclined. The head tube is very high (opposite of the Vanyar) and the seat tube is low. In the photos, it appears that the horizontal tube is parallel to the ground. For example, if I follow Elves' size recommendations, for my 1m78, I end up with 120mm of head tube for the Vanyar and 170mm for the Eglath.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 06:54:32 AM by Ar26 »