Author Topic: Elves Eglath Pro Build  (Read 2290 times)

w2ge

Re: Elves Eglath Pro Build
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2023, 02:37:06 PM »
Hello, the photos of the Eglath frame are misleading. Indeed, the frame is very inclined. The head tube is very high (opposite of the Vanyar) and the seat tube is low. In the photos, it appears that the horizontal tube is parallel to the ground. For example, if I follow Elves' size recommendations, for my 1m78, I end up with 120mm of head tube for the Vanyar and 170mm for the Eglath.

Not quite sure exactly your point, but here’s another side photo of my Eglath with the camera being  perfectly level with the ground.  I used the tops of the tires with my cameras screen grid to make sure the camera was level.  My frame is an XL, I’m 6’0..  measuring from the top tube by the seat to ground is ~ 78cm and at where the top tube attaches to the headstock it’s 85cm, so yes…it’s inclined upwards of ~ 8cm back to front.   Pretty typical imo of many endurance bikes currently available.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:41:43 PM by w2ge »

kubackje

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2023, 02:43:18 PM »
Hello, the photos of the Eglath frame are misleading. Indeed, the frame is very inclined. The head tube is very high (opposite of the Vanyar) and the seat tube is low. In the photos, it appears that the horizontal tube is parallel to the ground. For example, if I follow Elves' size recommendations, for my 1m78, I end up with 120mm of head tube for the Vanyar and 170mm for the Eglath.

Is this post serious or a troll?

Ar26

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
Excuse me for being interested in the geometry of the frames. But this is what I see on the internet.

w2ge

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2023, 04:37:44 PM »
Tbh, that picture you posted imo is the misleading one.  It does look very severely sloped in your pic, I don’t know why.  But trust me, the pic of my bike is exactly what it looks like in person, along with the measurements I gave you of the difference of the top tube heights.   

I don’t quite understand your concern or question… yes, the Vanyar design is different than the Eglath, and the Falath, etc.

Ar26

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2023, 01:41:41 AM »
It is very simple . The choice of a frame is obviously for technical, sporting,  reasons ...but also for some (I am not the only one) for aesthetic reasons. Regarding the photo, it comes from the Elves site. I also note that it often appears in the comments on the Eglath bike that it is very comfortable. This is partly explained by its geometry. High head tube and large seat post that absorb road vibrations. Regarding the lay up, I have no information.

sbellote

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2023, 06:29:13 AM »
couldn't the issue be that the photos are from different frame sizes?
with lots of frames, the smaller sizes have a more sloped top tube - the seat-post is smaller in relation to the stack/head-tube
so if you take the XL frame from w2ge the top tube will indeed be almost horizontal, while if you go for a XS it'll probably be a lot more sloped

if you look atthis photo of GCN's presenter Connor beside a shorter teammate, it's the same frame but you can see a top-tube slope difference (not so extreme, though)

I remember some time ago seeing a photo of 2 pro riders from the same team side by side, one of them was like 2m height and the other 1,6m, showing their bikes size difference. It'd be the perfect example, but I cannot find it again

w2ge

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2023, 06:33:10 AM »
@Ar26, gotcha..

Stack and Reach specs etc. are all available on the Elves website.  I think that photo from the Elves website gives that very “sloped toptube appearance” as the seat tube is very high in that frame.   Probably a smaller sized frame as @sbellote just posted as I was typing this!

In my circumstance, I could have possibly gone down to the large as the reach is only 6mm shorter than my XL. My height is 183cm.  I’m running their 400/100mm stem bars and I believe they have 110mm stem available which would have covered that.  Stack would’ve put me in a more bent over position as I already added an extra 5mm spacer at my headtube on my XL frame on top of what spacers come standard with the bike (Elves sent me extra spacers for free, just by asking).  It would’ve had me on a more extended seatpost as shown in the stock Eglath photo.   Anyway, yes.. its a very comfortable bike, and this is compared to my Domane Carbon Fiber that has IsoSpeed Front and Rear!