Author Topic: IIIPRO ROTORS  (Read 434 times)

alex.tomazov

IIIPRO ROTORS
« on: May 02, 2024, 11:37:17 AM »
I bought these IIIPRO Bike Brake Disc rotors, the rotors do not brake as they should, I bedin them for two weeks, cleaned them, pumped the brakes, changed the pads (sram code rsc) and nothing helps, the rotors brake very poorly by their own, after these I installed TRP and Shimano rt66 rotors and they brake well

Tijoe

Re: IIIPRO ROTORS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 09:20:13 AM »
I have a brand new pair I haven't used yer.  Instead, I am using several other brands of  "floating" rotors with aluminum center and steel outer disc.

Serge_K

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 10:03:48 AM »
Strange. I'm no engineer but I wonder, given that steel is steel, why rotors would perform drastically differently. Maybe hardness / durability, heat dissipation, resistance to warping and what not, but I would have thought a steel rotor is a steel rotor, outside of "extreme" use (super long descent, heavy rider...).
I don't have enough experience with disc brakes myself to have formed a view from experience.
Given the prince difference between my rotors and what Shimano charges though, there would have to be quite literally a magical difference in performance for me to try Shimano ones.

Tijoe

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 10:09:02 AM »
Given the prince difference between my rotors and what Shimano charges though, there would have to be quite literally a magical difference in performance for me to try Shimano ones.
Ah, The "prince difference" is what matters, his metal version of rotors obviously are not "prince worthy", and sold only to us commoners.

AzureEssence

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 10:21:28 AM »
I'll chime in and say also avoid Zoom rotors

I got Avids from AliExpress for $10/pair instead, they are great.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2024, 08:30:15 PM »
Strange. I'm no engineer but I wonder, given that steel is steel, why rotors would perform drastically differently. Maybe hardness / durability, heat dissipation, resistance to warping and what not, but I would have thought a steel rotor is a steel rotor, outside of "extreme" use (super long descent, heavy rider...).
I don't have enough experience with disc brakes myself to have formed a view from experience.

I'm nearly an engineer and steel is definitely not just steel. The same steel alloy can have a factor of 4-5x difference in yield strength depending on how it is processed. A very famous example of variation in material properties is the ductile-brittle transition temperature. This transition temperature changes with the specific alloy of steel used. I'm not sure what properties make a good brake rotor but if you forced me to take a stab in the dark, I'd guess hardness is quite important. Again, this can have a very large spread across different steel alloys and even a pretty large spread within how those individual alloys are processed.

flyedf

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 01:27:45 AM »
i've had mine for almost a year, and they're good.  used them with iiipro and zrace calipers.  they do need some time to break in, and then they'll bite.  big difference over rim brakes during winter moisture/water.  I even went down to 140mm, road bike.