Author Topic: Best and worst overall quality/value components/tools/gear from AliExpress?  (Read 19058 times)

jonathanf2

I'm seriously addicted to picking up UNO lightweight stems. I've swapped over to -17 degree stems on both my road bikes!

Serge_K

It looks a bit odd, why not use a flatter steerer top frame to stem interface thing and a stem with a more logical angle? Or the same stem if you can handle the drop.

jonathanf2

It looks a bit odd, why not use a flatter steerer top frame to stem interface thing and a stem with a more logical angle? Or the same stem if you can handle the drop.

I might slam it some more, but I haven't decided. I notice the -17° put me in a more snug cockpit position which I like for the downhill and also lowering my body position, but without stretching me out as much (like going with a longer stem).

kbernstein

Steel pedal expanders. Mine are from Risk I've seen them branded differently
Strongly recommend if you don't like having clean threads or skin on your knuckles. I thought the threads would still be fine but no, it took me an hour to remove them despite all the grease I used. Metal is very soft and bends when uninstalling, threads are toast after 1000km.
Thankfully the threads on my PM crankset are still okay. My look pedals were ruined so I'm gonna try the ultralight zeray pedals as a replacement. Hope I don't give an update from the hospital

PLA

can't quite make it out, can you post a higher resolution picture?
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.