Author Topic: Best and worst overall quality/value components/tools/gear from AliExpress?  (Read 17652 times)

Re: Best and worst overall quality/value components/tools/gear from AliExpress?
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2023, 11:42:18 PM »
  • Spcycle MTB handlebars: generic carbon MTB handlebars, but very well-made with a clean interior. Plenty strong, I've taken these down some real jarring singletrack with no issue.
Did you happen to get the weight on these?

frnchy

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2023, 12:07:58 AM »
Unfortunately not, but they aren’t exceptionally light or heavy. Probably in the neighborhood of 200-220 grams or so? Hard to remember, it’s been a year since I got them.

Joyride

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2023, 10:50:44 AM »
Ive purchased a bunch of small things that have already been mentioned.  The one thing I keep coming back to is the Mixed 5D saddle.  Great shape and padding, while only 120g.  I put one one all my bikes.  It survived a pretty abusive XC season as well.  Sure beats the hell out of a similar S-Works Power at 10% the cost.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803325810840.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

AzureEssence

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2023, 11:18:20 AM »
Ive purchased a bunch of small things that have already been mentioned.  The one thing I keep coming back to is the Mixed 5D saddle.  Great shape and padding, while only 120g.  I put one one all my bikes.  It survived a pretty abusive XC season as well.  Sure beats the hell out of a similar S-Works Power at 10% the cost.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803325810840.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to try one of these on my trail bike to slim it down a tad. It's steel so it will always be pretty heavy, but trying to make it more reasonable.

coffeebreak

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2023, 02:01:29 PM »
+1 for MIXED branded saddles, they are terrific. I have the 5D too. Definitely a cut above other Aliex saddles as far as finishing goes.

s3si1u

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2023, 11:27:04 AM »
These SCVCN photochromic glasses are simultaneously great and terrible.
I wore them a handful of times and they quickly became my favorite glasses, but they can't survive a 5 ish foot drop onto carpet. :-\ Arm snapped right off.
Tbh considering I paid $2, I'll probably buy them again.  ;D

electrolux

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2023, 02:34:13 PM »
+1 for MIXED branded saddles, they are terrific. I have the 5D too. Definitely a cut above other Aliex saddles as far as finishing goes.
The rails on mine delaminated. The seller was good even after a month told me to order another and request a return through AliX then send back the old model. They also assured me that the factory had a new process for glueing rails. I havent ridden the new one since I got the Ryet 3d one instead.

kenderu

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2023, 02:43:46 PM »
These SCVCN photochromic glasses are simultaneously great and terrible.
I wore them a handful of times and they quickly became my favorite glasses, but they can't survive a 5 ish foot drop onto carpet. :-\ Arm snapped right off.
Tbh considering I paid $2, I'll probably buy them again.  ;D

Similarily, I like the POAT photochromic glasses (pretty sure it's a POC clone).  The ones with the multicolour sides are built better than the solid colour sides (they use a different plastic for the solid black or white glasses arms and it feels much cheaper).  One bad thing is the lens pop out once in a while, but you can just pop them back in no problem.

I have 4 pairs that I cycle throughout the year, and no issues with them.  They've survived falling off my helmet quite a few times too, everytime the lens just pops out and once you pop it back in it is good ads new.

I've been meaning to try the SCVCN but I bought too many of the POAT ones...

zxcvbnmjm

fake G8 insoles

i havent tried authentic g8 insoles but these are cheap as chips and work well for me. ive been using them for over a year

The real ones cost over $100 iirc

plenty of youtube videos teaching about the benefits and how to use them

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805604633625.html?channel=facebook&fbclid=IwAR39Kd1LtDdXYhtfLicUDkvbcLqwPc6I8EZEDhP2lRlnqxNvuhlzFylLfmU

Greenred

The rails on mine delaminated. The seller was good even after a month told me to order another and request a return through AliX then send back the old model. They also assured me that the factory had a new process for glueing rails. I havent ridden the new one since I got the Ryet 3d one instead.

How does your Ryet 3D compare to the Mixed 5D?
I’m currently on the fence and have too many saddles laying around already.

electrolux

I ordered the Mixed 7D, it was too narrow for me. The Ryet saddle definitely feels far better quality and the the base to rail bonding seems much more robust.

RDY

fake G8 insoles

i havent tried authentic g8 insoles but these are cheap as chips and work well for me. ive been using them for over a year

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805604633625.html?channel=facebook&fbclid=IwAR39Kd1LtDdXYhtfLicUDkvbcLqwPc6I8EZEDhP2lRlnqxNvuhlzFylLfmU

I haven't ridden them but I've handled genuine G8s.  They're very cheaply made and ridiculously priced ... I don't know whether the ones you have are a full on replica, but it wouldn't be difficult to do.  IMO they're the kind of thing all premium shoes should come with, but don't - but they're way too pricey for an aftermarket offering given the pretty low quality.

For anyone wanting a higher quality full carbon insole with good arch and heel support, I'd recommend Winsole.  Though if you're using super narrow shoes, they probably won't work.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 03:04:36 AM by RDY »

sbellote

fake G8 insoles

I have these. Two pairs which I've been using for >2yrs
they're really good for the price and solved my issues with shoes, I definitely needed arch support and the 'common' insoles I've tried didn't work. Found these on Ali, bought one and another after around 3 months to have as spare (they actually went out of stock for a year or so, came back some months ago)

my experience is that they work really well, but the plastic on the arches is not the best, it starts to soften after some time. So like I started with the no.3 arch but it turned to a 2 effectively, so I had to change to a 4 to keep the support as it should.
Also the glue between the plastic part below and the foam is not good, if you get any water in it'll detach. But easily solved just glued back together

other than that, is really nice, and for sure worth the price. A fraction of the real one, but of reasonable quality, and the customization is worth it.

I had the Mixed for some time, then changed to the Ryet 3D (pro stealth model) and now am testing a different Ryet 3D on my mtb
in terms of quality and finishing, I'd say they're on par with each other. But talking about comfort, definitely would go with the 3D. It softens enough when riding, but don't 'compress' like the foam saddle in long rides.
you need to be more aware of the shape, actually, and try a model that works better for you. Ryet have been releasing a number of different 3D saddles so a lot of shapes to choose from, grab the closest to a saddle you have and like and you should be ok

nicklej

I got some generic carbon ones in 760mm in 175g and have been great. I recently changed them out for some alloy ones though since I'm playing with the amount of backsweep.

Tijoe

My first shipping casualty in a long time....   The plastic they used on this bottle is very stiff, and has little to no flex and softness.