Author Topic: Yishun / LightCarbon LCROX-D  (Read 1228 times)

BiciVini

Yishun / LightCarbon LCROX-D
« on: October 13, 2023, 03:04:04 PM »
Currently building up a new custom project bike LCROX-D from Yishun/LightCarbon.
Size 56, SRAM AXS Red/Force/Rival
Yishun/LightCarbon Super Light C67DB  wheels
Appreciate any feedback / experience on this frame & wheelset and going into some geek talk.
Currently painting frame and parts.
Of you wanna see impressions of it, pls feel free to follow upcoming build Vlogs.
Cheers

https://youtube.com/@bicivini?si=cF9UKYY4AEI9KtFD
Former not very successful MTB WC pro & racing road in Europe. Now just building custom bikes, supporting young people in the sport and trying to keep riding 5x a week, having fun.

Dark17

Re: Yishun / LightCarbon LCROX-D
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 04:22:47 PM »
Here's a video of the bike in action (in German language).

Leeze, Mercedes and Awson-Swiss have this frame on their Aero bikes category.

Overall good classic aero frame since many brands are using it

You can go to this thread for more information https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4392.15.html tho this is the first official thread for LCR0X-D.

And Lightcarbon and Yishunbikes is not the same anymore, tho their manufacturing plant address in Xiamen is just the same. They are both located in Bldg 4#, No. 9 Xingmei Road.

Edit: BTW have you raced with Julien Absalon? :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 06:41:19 PM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

BiciVini

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 04:41:00 PM »
Yes thanks - know the video, but response much appreciated!
What I‘m aware, Yishun is still the OEM manufacturer and producer. LightCarbon the B2C part. At least this was the case, 2w ago…
Looking at the prices at Leeze etc, but also Benelux distributor - I guess the B2B is still a good way to go ;-)

And reg. the btw :-) no, not with Julien, but with Nicolas Vouilloz etc. And in my 1st year with John T.

appreciate discussing further - wanted to start a new thread, as it‘s about getting a 2019 design technically and performance wise into 2024…but on a ‚budget‘, at least kind of
Former not very successful MTB WC pro & racing road in Europe. Now just building custom bikes, supporting young people in the sport and trying to keep riding 5x a week, having fun.

PLA

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 04:49:37 PM »
Was close to buying this frame, but didn't. Needed a higher stack unfortunately. It looks like a nice frame, though.

Was also close to buying an ER9 groupset. Think I dodged a bullet on that one.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

BiciVini

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 05:26:29 PM »
Yeap, I think frame is really good quality (geo and carbon layup) - I‘d say probably a bit lower than e.g Merida - so solid, well built for the price, above VB etc and on par with Yoleo and Winspace. So pretty good deal for what it is. But not exceptional - tb clear and transparent.

I liked the stack, as it enables me to run most probably fully slammed. (My 2x brocken back doesn’t allow something more extrem, but this ones fine).

Though probably just as my personal recommendation and experience. You can play around with stack (spacers) and reach (saddle position and stem length) - but the Overall geo (angles, saddle position, toe overlap, chainstay length) - but the ‚corrected‘ position should match what you need. Just do the simple maths and calculate ‚corrected‘ Stack & reach etc.

Regarding ER9, Sensah, LTwoo…even as interesting as it looks. I don‘t wanna be the Beta version tester. You can get SRAM parts at good discounts (and buy Sunshine cassettes etc on AliEx).
Rival AXS levers is the same like Red (just not the titanium screws = 10-20g). Save the money for a Force front derailleur and of you can get a used Red rear derailleur, even better.

KMC chains are awesome…and Ingrid Fake/copy from Zeroing at AliEx is 60 bucks for the same weight (at least close…and lower than Ultegra etc)…but just my 5 cents building that stuff

neobiker

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 05:43:45 PM »
I bought the frame in Ferrari Red and will get it delivered soon. [I also ordered a Yishun 1088 and 068 as well as a TanTan TT-x38).

I plan to build it with mechanical 105 12 speed, and I am hesitating with the wheels. (Either LC or Elitewheels).

I just got all my 4 race bike stolen in a single night, and I am waiting for the insurance to maybe refund me some part, so I am a bit cold on spending money now.

PLA

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 06:26:47 PM »
I bought the frame in Ferrari Red and will get it delivered soon. [I also ordered a Yishun 1088 and 068 as well as a TanTan TT-x38).

I plan to build it with mechanical 105 12 speed, and I am hesitating with the wheels. (Either LC or Elitewheels).

I just got all my 4 race bike stolen in a single night, and I am waiting for the insurance to maybe refund me some part, so I am a bit cold on spending money now.

Damn that sucks man.

Planning to race the 068?

I ended up with a 068, too. Seems to fit my body a bit better than the LCROX. Need the extra stack height.

Just throwing a bunch of random grx/105/ultegra/dura-ace 12sp di2 parts on it. Just whatever was cheapest at the time. Prob make my own satellite shifters. Just gonna be my everyday bike. Replacing my endurace cf7.

Dark17

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2023, 07:43:58 PM »

What I‘m aware, Yishun is still the OEM manufacturer and producer. LightCarbon the B2C part. At least this was the case, 2w ago…

This was confirmed by Gavin which is the Sales Director I was talking to when I was about to buy a frame from them. Ended up buying Yishun R086D because response from Yishunbike were much faster. I asked him if they are still cooperating with Yishunbikes and he said that they have cooperation before but independent with each other now.

Though they operate in the same Industrial Zone and same address

Lightcarbon/ProX address:  Add: 4/F, NO.3 Bldg, Longtou Industrial Zone, NO.9 Xingmei Road, Xiamen, 361022, China

Yishunbikes address: ADD: 4# Bldg., NO.9 Xingmei Rd, Longtou Industrial Park, Xinglin, Xiamen , China.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 05:45:54 AM by Dark17 »
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

BiciVini

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 01:23:23 PM »
Fully understand your point mate

JimLee

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 03:22:35 AM »

The super light carbon wheel with carbon spokes is in special price now, carbon wheel C67 series, you can check it in LC or PX web,